𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

"Surprised?"

*•*

It was a cold night in Small Heath.

Everyone was locked and safe in their homes, shops and bars were closing as the street lamps came alight. Even though the local clothing store was closed, far in the back room, it was still lively.

"Alright, ladies," The hazel eyed brunettes voice boomed in every part of the room, "And fellow gentlemen," She finished, shuffling through the papers laid out in front of her.

Crossing her leg over the other, she pulled her chair in closer to the end of the table, "Let's begin shall we," Looking up to eye at every single person in the building, she caught the stares of each, "But before we start, are there any statements and or questions that need to be voiced?"

A man with dirty blonde wavy hair raised his cap from off the table. Craning her head in his direction, Leticia nodded, "Yes, Nicholas, you have the floor."

Linking his fingers in front of him, his staidly voice swept through the quiet room, "A new shipment of thyroxine was brought in yesterday evening, Miss Morelli.

Nicholas Finders was a man in his mid thirties. A trusted man that Lettie put her full faith in. It was unusual for a man his age to be unmarried especially with his profession. Mr. Finders was a fine doctor, the only doctor that the brunette could trust in her line of work and with her life. They had met years ago when Leticia was just eighteen working at the local hospital in the Balkans as a nurse. Once she heard of the passion and desires he proclaimed, she kept him in her contacts. She knew one day when her business took off she'd need him.

The brunette woman softly nodded gazing to the papers in front of her, she went down the line of names underlining one name in particular, "Has a prescription been forged for Mrs. Johnson by any chance?"

Placing his glasses on the tip of his nose he began reading over his notes, "Yes, sixty capsules per container signed off and ready to be shipped to her address in London. "

"One container or two?" Leticia swiftly asked right after taking note.

"Uhm," Glancing down, he pushing his glasses higher on his nose, "One container, Miss."

"Excellent. I need that to get to her as soon as possible, her husbands muscle function is dwindling. No later than tomorrow forenoon." Lettie sorely finalized in a tone that advised no questions were to be asked on the matter.

Nicholas jotted down the note quickly, "Of course."

Placing the sheet of paper to the side, she called out once more, "Anything else?"

When she was met with silence, she put the papers back into a spare folder and drummed her fingers on the table, "Alright, first things first. I know you all have questions about the coppers walking our streets."