CHAPTER THREE // BACK AGAIN

Your eyes met with his for a split second before you started to feel so many emotions at the same time. You missed him like crazy, you were also angry that he just left without saying anything.

"Benny!" Scotty exclaimed and he ran over and gave Benny a hug.

"I missed you guys so much-" he walked a bit closer to you, "especially you, Y/N."

You suddenly wrapped your arms around him, relieved that he was okay and happy that he was back.

You knew that eventually you guys would need to have a long talk about what happened and why he left. About Theodore and about how you felt about each other, but for now you just wanted to hold him.

"Maybe we should go Scotty" Kenny said and they both left, leaving you and Benny together.

"Is this why Kenny was busy all day? Cause he was with you?" you said with a smile.

"I guess so. Listen Y/N, there's a lot I need to say" he responded.

"My only question is why. Why did you leave without telling me?"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that but I didn't want to accept that I was leaving you. By telling you, it would've made me want to stay. But that wasn't an option."

The sorry look in his face made you want to cry. You knew that his apology was sincere.

"Y/N, you were my first love. I was eventually going to come back to see you."

You paused for a second and looked at him curiously.

"Have you ever loved anyone else? In those three years?" you asked him.

"Never."

"Me neither" you said.

"Did you end up dating Theodore?"

"No! I never wanted to!" you exclaimed.

"What's up with him now?"

"He went away to college but he's around again. Been spending the summer with their family a lot since Phillips' mom kind of replaced your mom, you know, friendship wise."

"Yeah, I understand that. And Phillips is your friend now?"

"You could say that" you shrugged.

You suddenly remembered something you wanted to show him. You grabbed the end of the necklace you were wearing and showed the charm to Benny. His face lit up when he saw it. It was the charm that he had left you when he moved away.

"You still have it?" Benny said with a look of awe on his face.

"Three great years" you chuckled.

"Sorry that it was three years. I was always a bit nervous to come visit."

"How long are you staying anyways?"

"A week or so. I'm staying with Kenny" he responded.

"Y/N!" you heard someone call.

You both turned your attention to Jordan who was walking towards you with your dog on a leash in his hand.

"Your mom asked if I could find you and take your dog on a walk- RODRIGUEZ!?" Jordan yelled when he noticed Benny.

"Maybe I should go" you said to Benny before something bad happened between the two of them.

"What are you doing here?" Jordan said angrily.

"Visiting, do you have a problem with it?" Benny almost growled.

"Yeah! You can't just come back here and pretend like you didn't hurt Y/N! Yes, I know what happened" Jordan handed you the dogs leash and marched towards Benny in a mean looking way.

You grabbed Jordan's arm before he could get closer and spun him around to face you.

"It's not worth it" you said.

You watched as Jordan thought about it for a moment, then gave Benny a mean look.

He started to walk the other direction angrily but then he turned around, "are you coming or not?"

You looked at Benny one last time before you turned around and walked away with Jordan. You froze a little but when you felt him grab your hand, intertwining your guys' fingers. You definitely did not want to know what Benny was thinking at that moment.