01 - give up

swim for me.

🖇·˚ ༘ ┊͙!  ˊˎ

— darkness starts to engulf masami's vision, as thought so she possibly knew this couldn't happen

— darkness starts to engulf masami's vision, as thought so she possibly knew this couldn't happen.. right? perhaps it was a dream.. a really bad dream. nope, it was real.. and she was absolutely horrified.

recently the dark-haired female has been doing terrible, her swimming was so off-course. timing, turning, her form.. all a turn for the worst.

she tried so many times to retract her movements, change her way of swimming, did anything she can but nothing worked.

restart. retry. reconsider.

back and forth with this situation for months.. she's really done for huh..?

her light violet orbs started to shed tears..

"why is this happening.." her soft voice shattered into hiccups and echoed through out the swimming club.

"you're nothing" "you're worthless" "just give up" she heard the voices in her head, screaming internally at her.

"stop.." she mumbled.

"why would anyone want you?" another voice said.

"shut up!" she yelled out.

"look at you, crying like the pathetic bitch you are.. you'll never be good enough.."

that was her breaking point.

"fuck this" masami carried her things and left the club just like that.

that was the day masami quit swimming.

"masami.. what happened..? why are you home so early?" masami's mother had a worried look on her face.

"mom. i don't want to swim anymore.. it's not as exciting or thrilling as it was before.."

"i'm sorry you feel that way.. i'll support you in whatever you do.. but what will your sister say about this..?"

"it's not about what she wants.. it's about what i want mom.. don't you get it? just because she swims doesn't mean i have to" masami left the living room and went straight to her room.

"i won't swim ever again.."

masami joined the figure skating club, she was hesitant about joining but her mom told her to "try something new!", she took that opportunity to start up from the bottom

in her third year of high school, masami was in the nationals and was one of the top skaters in the nation. people found her skating as graceful and steady. every turn, each spin was soaked in the audience's eyes every time she would move around the rink.

ever since.. she has forgotten about swimming. left it like an old broke toy and never playing with it.

she was happy with where she was at the moment.. but now she's in college. enrolled at hidaka university.

as of now, the girl is figure skating in the icy cold rink, every move is precise and elegantly matched. she sensed someone from afar is watching her.

she stopped and looked around, she hummed in curiosity, thinking who the fuck was watching her...

"um whoever is watching me.. can you stop..? it's creeping me out."

silence fills the area, blinking a few times, masami continued skating and started her routine once more.

meanwhile that someone is still watching..

they chuckled at masami's face from earlier, they certainly weren't the type to be teasing or having a playful personality. but oh how they wanted to mess with masami.. she was quite exquisite to this person.

"hm.. you sure know how to skate" their voice echoes throughout the rink.

within that, the person left leaving masami alone and confused as hell..