Realization

Well... After walking around this somewhat familiar yet utterly strange town, I realized that there was no way out of this town. Or at least, in theory, there wasn't. 

The town was surrounded by fog

The town was surrounded by fog. As I think you do know by now, I am frightened of fog.

Now, believe me, I've tried even to overcome my fear and walk just even near it.

However, something seemed off about it. Whispers were coming out of the dark, cloudy fog. It seemed as though those voices were trying to lure me into the mist.

And so I just walked as far away from it as I could, which led me back to the spot where I woke up in the first place, the meadow. Dark grey, heavy clouds appeared in the sky, and the moments ago, so sunny day turned into stormy weather. 

There was thunder in the distance, and I started to feel scared and in danger

Knowing that there was no house or anything similar to that and being surrounded by trees didn't improve the situation.

At some point, I realized that the thunder came from right above me.

There could have been flashes hitting me any moment, so I had to take the risk and start running. I stumbled and fell several times, each time trying my best to stand up and continue running into the dark, cold forest. The storm seemed to follow me wherever I went, and soon I realized that there was no other way to outcome the storm if not by running into the fog.

I just had to take the risk, and so, I did...