Frustration (chapter 117)

“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.”
–Richard Bach

Camila POV

,,See ya." Nick said and he and Riley just left letting me and Shawn speechless.

I wanted to keep Riley back, but if I'd do that she would only hate me more. But if I let her go she will just....go.

Before I decided what to do next Shawn did and started walking after them, but I held him back. I think I made a decision without realizing it by doing this.

,,She will see that Nick is lying. If we go after her she will hate us. Let her see it by herself who is right and who is wrong." I said and and Shawn looked at me, then at the front door where Riley and Nick walked through a few seconds ago, and then back at me.

,,You want her to go away with HIM!?" He said confused.

,,No. I don't want that, but I think it's the better option right now." I said and Shawn let out a frustrated breath.

,,Mila, we can't just stand here and let her go!"

,,What do you wanna do then!? I don't know how to handle this kind of situation. We never argued with one of our kids like that, so I have no fucking clue what to do. What do you wanna do!?" I said not realizing that I raised my voice at Shawn. I didn't want to let my anger out at him, so I tried to calm myself down and hide my face in between my hands.

,,I- I don't know..." I heard Shawn say and then heard one of the dogs bark.

I didn't realize that Thunder and Tarzan weren't here until now. But where were they?

I put my hands away from my face and looked around for Tarzan and Thunder and I saw that they were locked in the backyard. Riley must have locked them out so they couldn't attack Nick. Shawn walked over to the the glass door and opened it for Tarzan and Thunder.

,,I'm sorry... I shouldn't have raised my voice at you. I know you feel just as frustrated and it wasn't fair to raise my voice at you." I said and walked over to Shawn taking one of his hands in mine.

,,You don't need to be sorry. I didn't took it personal or whatever. I know it was because of all the stress this damn situation caused." Shawn said while going through his hair with his free hand. He was doing that pretty often during the past years when he was stressed.

,,I'm calling Mary and I'll tell her what happened. Maybe she can talk with Nick." I said.

,,I doubt that, but trying won't hurt anyone." Shawn said and I nodded.

I immediately called Mary and told her all the stuff that happened and she said she will try to reach Nick and talk to him. After I talked to her, I knew Shawn and I had to fix another problem. Nate was probably now even more mad and I really didn't want that, but I have no saying in that. All I can do is try to fix the problem.

,,We should check on Nate. He is probably still mad at Riley..." I said and Shawn nodded, but just when Shawn opened his mouth to say something, my phone started to ring.

I was hoping that it was Mary with some good news, but it was Carlos. It wasn't the best timing to call, but I answered the phone anyways because he is family.

,,Hi...Might I call you a little bit later 'cause right now it's a pretty bad timing." I said as I answered the phone.

,,Yeah sure. I just called to ask you how the first days of school were. But no problem, you can call me when you have time." Carlos said.