Chapter 2

After a while, the three other marauders and the medi-witch leave. The large manor now houses only three people. James, the father of Hadrian, a tall, athletic pureblood who has messy black hair and enough money to buy out the entirety of England, Ireland, and Scotland a few times. Lily, Hadrians mother,  a fiery, intelligent redheaded muggle born that loves with her entire being. Lastly, Hadrian, the enigma that is the newest inhabitant.

James Potter stares at his son as he basks in the power rolling off of his beloved baby. He thinks to the alarm bells that are still going off in his head. Why is it so alarming? Why is his son so powerful? How? Why does this feel important, and why does it feel like it is on the tip of his tongue?

His mind wonders about all the things Fleamont and Euphemia Potter; his parents ever warned him about before their passing barely three months prior. A single moment stands out. When James was younger, around 16 years of age, Fleamont sat him down and told him about the family secrets. Of the many secrets, only one stood out to him; A prophecy within his family grimoire. He was never allowed to know the actual word for word prophecy, just that he should be aware of it if he has children himself.

Too engrossed to realize that his tired wife woke up from her slumber after the tiring birth of Hadrian and called out to him multiple times until the final one registered in his head; "James love? What have you been brooding so hard about that you woke me up? I can hear the cogs in your head spinning."

James realized what he was doing and sheepishly apologized and kissed his wife. "I just can't put my finger on why Hadrian feels so important besides the fact he is our son. I just can't help but think there is something deeper than what we currently think," he rambles as he gets up out of the wooden chair beside the hospital bed.

Lily responds with, "I am so incredibly thankful that our son is as powerful as he is, but this also leads me to the same belief that you have. So I think we need to be careful- let's keep everything quiet until we figure it out." She shifts as carefully as she can not to disturb Hadrian and then once again speaks out, "Why don't you walk to the kitchen to help clear your mind and get me a glass of water- I am quite parched from pushing; a whole human out of my body."

"We have house-elves. Why -"

"James, just do it. You need to clear your head." Lilly interrupts as she smiles up at him with what little energy she has left.  Not wanting to agitate his tired wife, he nods at her and begins to walk away. With each footstep, he falls further into his thoughts. He unconsciously follows a magical pull that led him out of the infirmary, through the hallways, down the stairs all the way to the basement, and into the secret vault within said basement.

He suddenly kicks something wooden, which breaks his train of thought. It took him a few solid minutes until he realized where he was. He was standing quite dumbly within his secret family vault, not anywhere near the kitchen. His poor wife- she just spent hours giving birth just for him not to get her water.

"Idiot boy, are you just going to stand there above the grimoire or finally read it?" Ignotus Prevell snaps at James from his painting that hangs across from the way. Ignotus insisted his painting was hung in the vault of his manner so he could watch over his precious grimoire. There are empty frames for him elsewhere, but this is where he always stays faithfully waiting for this moment.

James did not respond but instead zeros his eyes onto the yellowing parchment paper below him. The leather-bound book was already open, and the pages sat mockingly. The prophecy that his father warned him about stared up at him. Finally, it clicks. He gasps out, "Is it really-" as he stares disbelievingly at Ignotus.

"Unfortunately, yes, it is, son. He is a blessing. Keep him safe." Ignotus' deep voice carried across the room to James interrupting him, "He holds a lot of me in him without the right guidance; it could very much be the end of the world."