Chapter 7

I am so sorry. I was going to publish this earlier, but I was going through some finacial difficulties, making me not have Internet nor my Computer. Also I was going to upload it about two weeks ago after I got my computer back, but it was messing up whenever I get on the internet. So thank my uncle for letting me use his computer! Now back to what you are waiting for.

Chapter 7

Hunter’s POV

The meeting with the Elders was frustrating. They did not like the fact that Nalis made them wait until the morning. Especially since there is only one person training the pack members, and they did not trust the trainer. I rolled my eyes at their stupidity and complaints.

I stayed silent as they continued to talk. As they were complaining about how Nalis ran things, and how it was not the right way. I could feel her anger growing, but the Elders were too absorbed in their measly complaints, that they did not sense it.

I grabbed her hand, hoping to calm her down, before she did something she regretted. It helped for a few seconds, but as they continued to talk, it was quickly replaced by more anger. Her anger was slowly making the room shake, but yet it did nothing to stir the Elders.

"Enough!" Nalis commanded in her full Alpha voice. The Elders looked at her as if she had slapped them in their face. Silence was the sound as the air in the room stilled to a suffocating Alpha aura. "I will not hear more of this non-sense. I am the Alpha, and the way I choose to do things will only be my choice. From now on I will only see you as Elders that will help me with my job, but not as someone who takes charge. I am in charge, and I will not be told how to do my job. I will have no one overstep my authority. Do you understand me?!"

I was stunned as I looked at Nalis like a new person. She hated using her voice to make people do as she wanted, especially when she was angered and towards a pack member. I looked at her closely to see her eyes were slightly a silver color, indicating that her wolf had taken over, though not fully. Her wolf felt threatened and challenged, just as Nalis had felt.

"If you do not agree with this, then you have the right to challenge me to a duel." Nalis said in a calm voice. "I will give you three days to decide if you really want to challenge me, but do remember this, if you win, I will leave this pack. I have another pack that I can still take under my command again. I will help you no further, as well as any of my pack members.

You will have no Alpha to command, no beta to help defend, and no control over the pack members who get out of control. My pack will always accept those who turn away from you, because in the end, all wolves will be attracted to an Alpha. This will make you open to any enemy wishing to take over this land.

When the time comes, that you are defeated by the enemy, you yourselves will be the last ones alive to come crawling back to me and beg for my forgiveness. Or the other alternative, you will be the ones dead. The choice is yours, but for now this meeting is adjourned."

Nalis gave them one last glace, before turning around and walking towards the exit. The Elders were still in shocked at what their Alpha just said and commanded. Once Nalis was gone, the air in the room suddenly was breathable again. Even though I was her mate, I was not able to have the strength to move when she released her full Alpha aura, especially when her wolf teams up with her.