2~ The Resistance

Im suddenly completely awake now. I can hear a shower running. Looking around my room, i see a desk, a bookcase, a dresser, another bed, a door next to a floor length window, and another door im assuming leads to the bathroom.

This obviously isnt my room.

Im not wearing my pajamas either. Im wearing some beige shorts with a matching button up top. I get up to leave the room when i see whats outside, or rather who. All the commotion is like rush hour at a coffee shop. Everyone is wearing some kind of earth toned outfit, some people in orange jumpers.

Orange flight suits.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of the bathroom door opening, i hadn't noticed the shower was off.

"Oh, youre awake." the woman said as she dried her hair. She was tall and brownskinned with curly brown hair and brown eyes. Whoever she was she was beautiful.

"Hi, im sorry but, who are you?"

"Mila? We met last night when our dorms were assigned?"

"Right yeah, where exactly are we?" She looked confused as I asked.

"You must be half asleep. Maybe a hot shower will do you well." She stops drying her hair and puts it up.

"Could you just refresh my memory?"

She sighs. "The base? The resistance base? Youre to be a nurse i think. And me a pilot. Both our training starts soon actually." 

I must look completely dumbfounded because she hands me some papers from the desk opposite us. They confirm everything she said. It says everything about me, but not me. Says a home planet that isn't earth, says i fled and wished to become a nurse so 'i can help people as they've helped me.' All with my name at the top.

"This is crazy." I say.

"Isn't it? Who would've thought we'd end up being here, some soon to be resistance pilots and medics. Flying alongside the Poe Dameron nonetheless!" She falls back on her bed that I saw earlier. "Maybe you'll get to heal him. Gods know he isnt careful."

"This must be a dream." I say, laughing out of habit.

"Sure feels like one." Mila says. "You should probably get ready. Like i said, training starts soon."

"Yeah, I should..." I shakily walk to the dresser and grab the first shirt and pants I see. I walk to the bathroom hoping a hot shower will calm my nerves. I mean, this is a dream, right? A super realistic, detailed dream.

...

Tan jeans, a cream button up, and combat boots. Not bad for the middle of space. Im interrupted again by Mila telling me its time to go.

"I have no idea how to be a medic." I say as we walk towards our designated area, smiling at whoever passes.

"You think I know how to fly? I've never set a finger on an x-wing. They'll teach us though, thats the whole point of us going to these training meetings. I doubt you'll be saving any lives today."

I nod as we approach the doors to the flight bay.  I wave Mila off as she walks to a group of other people. Shes surrounded by x-wings and obviously experienced pilots. I can practically feel the motivation and confidence oozing off of them.

I turn on my heel to go to wherever I need to go, and then I realise,

I have no idea where to go.

I look around for maybe a sign to direct me, or another medic who can tell me where to go. Everyone is moving so fast I can barely wave anyone down for help. When I finally see someone who looks willing to help, someone else bumps into me. I didnt fall, but they still steadied my shoulders.

"Hey you okay? Sorry I gotta be somewhere im late."

Poe Dameron.

"Yeah im good, sorry im kinda lost."

"You new?" He looks me up and down quickly. "Where you headed?"

"Wherever the medics in training go." I laugh nervously. This is the Poe Dameron.

"Go forward down that hall and take a left."

"Thank you!" I tried to thank him but he was already halfway in the flight bay.

This is the resistance, huh?