Chapter 6-1

You gripped Bucky's hand as you watched King T'Challa and Okoye walk away, a thick blanket of panic washing over you until Bucky gave your hand a squeeze in return. You turned your head to meet his eyes and he gave you the best reassuring smile he could muster.

He released your hand and picked up the sleek black and gold vibranium arm from its resting place among the padding of the case, he held your gaze as he clicked it into his shoulder socket and you watched as every rivet of metal adapted to him. "You didn't think we could just hide here forever, did you?" He said with a weak laugh as he swung his arm around once, making sure it was secure, before draping it over your shoulders and walking you back up to the place you had called home for nearly 2 years. The pit in your stomach telling you it was a home you were about to lose.

You watched as Bucky pulled his trunk of clothes out from under his bed, opening it to grab his protective vest, jacket, and boots. You sat motionless as he changed his clothes, your mind racing at the thought of what might be coming. It wasn't until Bucky sat down to tie his boots that it hit you. What the hell were you doing just sitting here? You were a warrior now, trained by the best of the Dora Milaje. You were not about to sit back and let all these people, let Bucky, fight for you.

You shot up off of the bed and turned to grab your own trunk of clothes, pulling out the tactical gear that Shuri had made for you. As you started to undress, you heard Bucky clear his throat behind you, "Uh, what the hell are you doing?" he said stiffly.

"You turned around as you pulled the top piece of your garment over your head, tightening the thick, corset-like leather around your abdomen as you stared at him. "I'm going with you."

Bucky rose from where he was seated on his bed and stalked over to you "No, you definitely are not."

You scoffed at his sincerity. "Is this not why you wanted me to train? Well, I've trained and I'm ready."

"Y/N, this is not a sparring match with Ayo, This is real. This is the world ending. You're not ready for that." There was something unreadable in his expression, but you know you could see a glint of sadness in his eyes.

You stepped to him, closing the space between your bodies, you met his eyes before speaking again softly, but clear as day. "No one is ready for the end of the world, Bucky." He turned his head away and you lifted your hands to rest on either side of his face, turning him back slightly, so he had to look at you. "It's you and me, Barnes. If you're going to fight, I'm going with you."

Bucky took a deep breath and nodded, he pulled your hands from his face and moved them to your sides before gripping you into a hug. You felt him press his lips to the top of your forehead before stepping back and looking you over. "Guess we better get moving then."