Chapter 11

Chapter eleven

[Val’s POV]

Honestly...

It was like watching a couple of four years olds fight over a cookie.

Helena, the Elementals and I leaned against the wall by the door just watching Derrek and Blake fight. At first Blake began fighting Derrek while he was still in bed but after lunging himself at Derrek, they were quick to fall onto the floor and continue fighting. Despite the two of them trying to strangle the other, I could still hear the guffawing of Derrek.

“How long has this been going on for now?” Cameron asked leaning his chin on top of Cara’s head.

I checked my watch. “About ten minutes now”

“As entertaining as this is, don’t we actually have stuff to do today?” he asked flicking is eyes over to me with a raised brow. Cameron seemed like such a level headed guy it was easy to forget he had any sort of ability, let alone be an Elemental.

“Sure do” I turned my attention over to Helena who was shaking her head in amused disappointment. “Mind breaking them up Helena?”

She chuckled and nodded before taking a step forward and raising her hands. She pointed her hands at a dying fern that sat in the corner of the room and flicked her fingers. Immediately, the branches swooped out and curled themselves around the midsections of both Blake and Derrek and instantly pulled them apart. The branches lifted them up and held them tightly ensuring they weren’t able to escape.

“Helena... I can always burn the damn plant” Derrek threatened.

“Sparky! You started it and you know it!” I scolded him.

“No, I didn’t! That was only payback for yesterday morning! He knew he had it coming-!”

“Lies! You already got me back-“

When did I get you back, you little- Ouch!”

“Ouch!”

Suddenly both their heads snapped forward and they both began rubbing the back of their heads. Cameron instantly appeared between them and rubbed his temples with a pained look on his face. “And the next time, I’ll actually make sure it hurts” he stated before walking out the room.

I barely managed to stop myself from bursting out in laughter at their shocked expressions and nodded at Helena to let them down. The fern branches uncoiled from around them and shrunk back to the pot, if not a little healthier looking, and I looked at the two who seemed keen on ignoring the other. Thank God!

“Now listen up you two, I don’t want to be babysitting the both of you all day. You’re both even in whatever the hell you’re doing so now stop it!” I glared at the both of them and didn’t let my stare waver until they both nodded their heads. If they wanted to act like children then I’d treat them like it!  “Alright, show’s over everyone! Let’s get ready and meet at the diner across the road for breakfast before getting down to business”

The Elementals left my room and I turned to Derrek. “Really, Sparky?”

He chuckled deeply and shook his head “You should’ve seen the rest of his clothes. What he was wearing was decent compared to the rest. I’m sure he’d have been surprised to see the rest of his shirts looking like bikini tops and his jeans looking like too-indecent short shorts”

I stared at him with an eyebrow raised. “When did you...? Never mind. Just get ready”

***

The sun was shining brightly and the birds were chirping happily as they sang to the world. We were all sitting in a small, dingy diner eating our hot breakfasts as we discussed how we were going to ask around for information. Blake had long since thrown out his burnt clothes, muttering about rather going out in the snow naked than wearing the burnt clothes. He’d had to borrow jeans and a shirt from Cameron, and I bit my lip to stop from laughing at how they hung off him seeing as Cameron was much taller and bulkier than he was.