Chitbox - A SaiRat OS

Hi friends,

I am back with another OS. I tried writing in a different narrating style but not sure how it had turned up. This is written in a third-person perspective with no monologue. Thank you so much to all those who read, voted, and commented on my last OS. They mean so much to me. Please do keep supporting me. 

___________________

Sai is serving Pakhi made tea to all the family members in the hall.

"Sai bhabi, you got another necklace, and this time it is pearl. Why you didn't tell us?" Karishma asked dramatically all of a sudden. All eyes are on Sai's necklace now.

Sai blinked but didn't reply anything. She took a deep sigh and quickly went inside the kitchen. She returned with a box full of small folded papers and started searching inside it until she found the one with Karishma's name on it. She gave that to Karishma and signaled her to read aloud.

"Hi Karishma... Virat here. As for the necklace, I bought that on my last mission. I told Sai that you will be the first one to notice since you have a very keen eye. Nothing can escape your eyes. You should be in my department!" Karishma read it and smiled.

"Of course, nothing can escape me. Only Virat dada knows my value in this house" she squealed in delight and all the others rolled their eyes.

"Oh, Virat gave it to you? It looks very pretty. Must be expensive." Sonali said in a sing-song voice shaking her head like she is doing some Bharata Natyam step.

Sai again searched the box and gave her a chit too. Sonali took it confusedly and gasped seeing her name on it. She opened it and read aloud.

"Not much Sonali Kaku. Don't worry. Our family wealth is intact. You worry too much about our family and not taking care of yourself."

"Yes, Virat is right. I need to take care of myself too. I am going to book a spa treatment" Sonali declared and Karishma stood jumping up from her seat immediately. She started pressing her mother-in-law's legs pleading to take her as well.

Omi turned towards his brother with a terrifying look for help but he just got a displeased head shake in return.

"This is very bad. How can he buy a gift only for Sai? This is a joint family, for god's sake!" Ninad shouted.

Sai patiently walked towards him and handed him the chit of his name. He got angrier but snatched it anyway.

"Relax baba. I am not giving any gift to my wife. I liked the necklace very much and bought it for my collection. Since a 'Man' should not wear it, I ordered her to wear it so that I can look at it every day." He read it and a small smile appeared on his face.

"That's my son!" he said proudly and smirked at Sai. Kaku face-palmed and started walking towards Sai. She stopped before Sai and touched the necklace she is wearing. Her eyes sparkled.

"You know Sai, last time when our guruji visited our house he told me to wear something with pearl on it. He said it will bring me peace" Kaku exclaimed with a deep sad sigh and then held out her hand towards Sai signaling her to give the chit. Sai looked amazed. She smiled and gave her the chit.

"My lovely Kaku! I thought of buying you a necklace and hence called our guruji to ask which gem would do you good. But, he informed me that it's high time for you to join him on a spiritual trip leaving worldly pleasures. He also told that you need to donate all your jewels to your younger generation before starting. " Kaku's voice trembled while reading but Karishma-Sonali pair smiled widely like Cheshire cat. They both gave signals to each other like teenage girls.