𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

"Corpses who lie in their grave tell no secrets to the living."

*•*

*•*

The news that morning of Danny Whizzbang's death expanded over the streets of Small Heath.

The people who knew Danny became forlorn at the news that their friend who had survived through war with them, had been killed. And the ones who didn't know him personally, just the side of him that came back after the war, all either sympathized or ignored the news.

He'd be remembered as the man who fought and survived, survived all but for the turmoil that plagued his mind.

That late afternoon, Leticia had adorned a cream colored blouse and a brown skirt. Her black veiled fascinator sat comfortably on her head, matching the color of her heels. Locking the door to her flat, she placed her key in her handbag before making her way down the pavement.

From afar, a blue eyed devil looked up from under his cap zoning his eyes on the Morelli woman.

Recalling back to the conversation he had not even thirty minutes ago with one of his Blinder men, Thomas visualized the file he had read in perfect recollection.

"Mr. Shelby sir, I have that documentation you asked for." Kal, a Blinder member, who had worked for the Shelby family since after the war, came knocking on his office door.

Diverting his attention from the papers he was reading over, Thomas dropped his pen and gestures with his hand for the reliable man to come forth, "Yes, come in. Close the door behind you."

Doing as he says, Kal then proceeded to make his way in front of his bosses desk, "She is a complicated woman to find. This was all I could uncover on her."

Plucking the folder from his hand, Thomas opened to only find one piece of paper on the complex woman, "One fuckin' pap- This was all, you say?"

Skimming over the file, only the important notes stood out to him:
She was twenty-three.
Worked as a nurse at the local hospital in Romania for a year.
Attended the University of London for two years.
She owned a clothing store.

He grew frustrated at the small facts, it still gave him nothing on her. It was like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

The Blinder member nodded timidly, "A Leticia Morelli is an active person in the system, sir," pausing his words to gather his thoughts and not stutter, he continued, "The unusual thing is, the earliest record they could find on her was dated back five years ago. In 1915."