30| Jealousy

Chapter 30: Jealousy (Ace's POV)

I really can't decide what she's doing. She could just tell me very easily who that was and we wouldn't have an argument about anything. But she really likes to poke the bear. 

"What do you think I'm going to do about it?" 

"I wouldn't ask if I knew," she smiled, sitting on her desk. 

"I'd probably kill him, little Phoenix." 

She jumped back off the table, her smile slipping. "No." 

"Yes." 

"No! That's Leo." 

"Leo who?" 

She sighed, looking at the glass window. 

I walked over, standing in front and towering over her. "Gianna." 

She kept looking away from me. She clearly thinks this is a game. I grabbed her chin, turning her to look at me but she pushed my arm off and looked back out the window. 

I sighed, rolling my eyes and resisting the urge to curse. I grabbed her by the throat then and tugged her forward. 

She rolled her eyes and looked straight up at me. "He's my ex-boyfriend, Ace." 

"Ah, the Frenchie?" 

She glared at me. "Didn't you come here to take me for lunch?" 

"Why don't you go to lunch with your ex?" 

"Ace, please just relax. We're friends now. He comes to Chicago once in a while, his brother lives here. I see him a few times in a few years. There's no need to show so much jealousy." 

"Jealousy?" I scoffed, "Please. There's no jealousy." 

"What is this then, hubs?" 

"I have every right to ask you which man is kissing your head and giving you hugs, Gianna. I'm your fucking husband." 

"So what if he kissed my head and gave me a hug? You don't hug women?" 

"I don't, actually." 

"Well, I hugged him. What are you going to do about it?" 

"Don't ask me that unless you want me to do something, sweetheart." 

"Don't threaten me saying you'll do something to my friend just because you don't fucking like him." She threw my hand off and poked my chest with a finger, hard. "I don't need to choose my friends based on what you say or think. Sorry, but I'm really not." 

I let out a breath and stared down at her. "I'm not trying to tell you who to be friends with. I'm just trying to tell you to be careful." 

"Why? Because you don't like him?" 

"Also because you have more eyes on you as my wife. And I don't want a reporter seeing something and then assuming something and then putting some fake news out there." 

She clenched her jaw. "If you're worried about fake news then I think you should get your priorities straight, Ace." 

I chuckled dryly. "You have a problem with my jealousy, you also have a problem with my concern about fake news. You've got problems with everything." 

"No, Ace. You've got problems with everything. You're jealous of my ex-boyfriend, yes or no?" 

"No." 

"Yes or no?" 

"No," I said slowly. 

"I'll ask again. Yes... or no?"