31| Tickets

Chapter 31: Tickets (Gianna's POV)

I drove myself back home that night, feeling the most exhausted I've been in a long time. I made it up to our room, where surprisingly, I found Ace already sitting in bed. 

He wasn't in his pajamas, still wearing the classic black button-up and black trousers he always sports. He told me he didn't feel like going to work today but he went anyway. He must really not want to be there because he's even back early. 

I dropped my purse on the dresser and then kicked my heels off, letting my hair down. I walked over to the bed and lay down on my stomach. 

"Hello," he mumbled, shaking my hair out. "You okay?" 

"Tired," I mumbled into the mattress. Too tired to move, too tired to function, too tired to talk. 

"Are you hungry? We can have an early dinner and call it a night," he suggested, grabbing my hand. 

I nodded. 

"Okay." I knew he went on his phone and called their housekeeper, asking for dinner to be prepared. Not only did I hear him, but I noticed it's how he calls for things and communicates with their housekeeper. 

"Ace, I'm very tired, I don't know what to do," I whined, lifting my head up to look at him. 

"You can come here for starters. Closer," he chuckled. 

I scooted over, lying beside him. 

"Closer," he smirked. 

I stared at him blankly and he nodded. I sighed and sat up, moving to straddle him. I put my arms around his neck and hugged him, resting my cheek on his shoulder. "My back hurts," I mumbled, closing my eyes. 

"Where?" He slipped his hand under my shirt and started digging his fingers in, pressing each point. "Here?" 

"Lower." 

"Here?" 

"Lower." 

"Here?" 

"Lower back, Allister. Right above the tailbone area." 

He finally found the right spot and I hummed in approval. He started moving his fingers in circles, massaging the point, slowly making his way up and then back down. 

"Take off the bra," I mumbled, almost falling asleep. 

"Gianna," he laughed softly, removing it with one hand anyway. 

"Mm, I could fall asleep like this," I sighed. 

"Don't. You have to eat, it's been a while and I bet you didn't eat anything in between, did you?" 

"Mm-mm," I shook my head. 

"That's what I thought." 

"Just a little nap, please?" 

"No, my love," he said softly. I groaned and protested when he stopped. I pulled back, frowning, but he said, "After dinner, I'll give you a full massage, the best one of your life." 

"Promise?" I stuck my pinky out. 

He locked his finger with mine. "Promise." 

"Okay, I'll go change then." 

"Uh, hello? My kiss?" 

I chuckled, leaning forward and kissing him. "There." I climbed off and walked to the closet, grabbing black sweatpants with a baby pink v-neck. I splashed my face with some water before changing in the bathroom and then brushed my hair, leaving it down for the rest of the night. I went back out and found him changing too.