Chapter 6; The Blind Banker

John ran at the sword-wielding warrior, knocking him into the wall. As they fought, Y/N broke a torch off of the wall and joined the fray. The warrior had kicked John away and was preparing to stab Sherlock when a foot hit him squarely in the chest. He stumbled backward and Y/N slammed the wooden stick repeatedly into his ribs, his arms, and his helmet until the man lay unconscious on the ground.

Sherlock pulled off the man’s shoe, revealing a black lotus tattoo on his heel.

“We need to go.” Y/N said, helping John to his feet.

Their ragtag group returned to 221B after a disappointing meeting with Dimmock. Sherlock and Y/N went straight to work at finding what was stolen, as it was the key to finding the Black Lotus again. Y/N knew they were close, she and Sherlock would solve the case.

That is, if Sarah would just shut up. Or better yet, go home.

While John scrambled around the kitchen for anything edible, she kept grabbing notes and asking questions that Y/N would normally tolerate if there wasn’t such a rush to solve the case.

“So these numbers, it’s a cipher.”

“Exactly.” Sherlock said in an exasperated tone.

“And each pair of numbers is a word.”

Y/N looked up, all annoyance with Sarah flying out the window. “How did you know that?” Y/N asked.

“Well two words have already been translated here.” Sarah pointed out, showing Y/N the picture of the brick wall by the train tracks.

“Nine Mill” were printed on the first two symbols.

“John,” Sherlock called. “John look at this.”

“Soo Lin had already translated part of the code. We just didn’t see.” Y/N said excitedly. 

Sherlock murmured to himself, “Nine million quid…but for what?”

Y/N rushed to grab Sherlock’s coat off of the rack. “You need to go to the museum.”

Sherlock accepted the coat. “We must have been staring right at it!”

Y/N pushed him towards the door. “Yes, I know. I’ll explain to them, you hurry.”

With that he was gone, and shortly after him Sarah left as well, saying something about “too many Chinese gangsters for one night.” John sat heavily down onto the sofa.

“She’s probably not going to call me.” He said tiredly.

“Don’t sell yourself short,” Y/N disagreed. “That was a pretty unique first date.”

John laughed. “Shall I order takeaway?”

“Sounds wonderful.” Y/N approved.

Barely ten minutes later, the doorbell rang. Y/N was too tired to question the unusual speed of the order’s arrival. She sat looking over Sherlock’s pile of notes as she heard what she assumed were John’s footsteps on the stairs.

“I set the table in the kitchen. Well, I put out trays-” She turned around, stopping mid-sentence as a metal object was slammed into her temple, knocking her out cold.

~

Y/N awoke in a dark cavern to the sight of John being held at gunpoint. The person on the other end of the gun was the disappearing woman Y/N had seen on the street in Chinatown. John was speaking with the woman, but Y/N herself was gagged. She struggled against the ties on her wrists and ankles as the woman accused John of being Sherlock Holmes.