Winter

Winter ❄️

Louis confuses Harry.

He always has.

Louis is a firecracker, a bomb waiting to go off at any moment. Harry doesn't understand why Louis will drop to his knees for him in the locker room after gym or climb through his window at night just to have someone to sleep next to. Harry doesn't understand why they can touch each other in the dark, on their own, in secret, why they can laugh and smoke and kiss by themselves, but act like they hate each other and fight in front of the boys.

Harry hates only getting bits and pieces of Louis, but he thinks that maybe it's better than nothing. Better than it has been.

Now, Harry's sitting in testing because it's almost the end of the term which means it's almost Louis' birthday and he doesn't know where they stand, let alone if he should buy him a birthday present.

Harry can't focus on this lit test, it's his favorite subject, he thrives in literature, in writing, in reading, and yet he can't bring himself to read any part of this test that determines if he graduates with honors or not. He takes a deep inhale of air and puts his forehead in his hand, forcing his eyes onto the paper.

Question one: What book is this quote from and what does it mean to the story? "Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad! Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you. It is unutterable, I cannot live without my life, I cannot live without my soul"

Wuthering Heights, because why would it be anything different? Why would the universe take pity on him now when it's done nothing but hate him since he met that temperamental, short, irritating, ridiculously beautiful-

"Harry," Harry hears the loud whisper of the person that refuses to leave his head during all things important behind him. Along with the voice, he feels something hit the back of his head.

Harry turns around so that hopefully the teacher can't see in the huge lecture hall.

"What?" Harry hisses.

Louis points to the ground where there's a crumpled ball of notebook paper next to his feet. That's what Louis had thrown at him to get his attention. "What?" he whispers again, growing just a little irritated.

"Read it, dumb ass," Louis says playfully.

Harry rolls his eyes, picks up the ball, and opens it expecting to see a crude drawing or something else that would only come from Louis' ridiculous mind. But what he sees is:

Do you want to go to winter formal with me?

Yes Maybe Please?

Harry rereads the note just to make sure he's not going to look like an idiot before he circles an answer, turns back towards Louis, and throws it at him, hitting him square on the top of his head.

Harry turns back around to focus on his test, putting his headphones on so that he can't hear anything around him. He uses all of his energy to finish the test that he's been staring at for the past hour and barely getting anything done. Focus focus focus he tells himself, but really all he can focus on is the fact that Louis wants to go to winter formal with him.

❄️

"What does maybe mean?" Louis says stopping Harry at his locker after the test.

"It means I need to know more," Harry responds tossing his books in and closing it. His head is killing him, and he can't look at the school hallways for another minute.

"The boys and I were talking, and we decided we should all go together since none of us have dates," Louis says with a shrug as he leans against the lockers.