I Think I've Got This Under Control

"Anastasia. Is. Dead."
Until this moment those words don't taste right.
Why me, why are all these bad things happening to me. Samantha's dead, my best friend's dead!
My boyfriend's a deadbeat
That one person that I could tell all my problems and who was a mother-figure to me is DEAD!???!!

Whap!! I flew out of my dream slamming my head on the dashboard, coming to the realization I was in a police car.

"What the heck can't you drive a little better?" I asked with a disoriented look on my face "Where am I by the way?"

I turned around and saw a dark skin police man with blue shades. After my eyes cleared up I recognized I was in my neighbourhood.

"I'm sorry little lady, are you alright?" He inquired placing his hands on my shoulder.

"Are you asking because its your job or because you care?" I wasn't in the mood to talk with anyone I was too embarrassed; I mean who wouldn't be.

"Alright you don't have to answer, you were out for a while now. After being told that your friend, Anastasia, committed suicide you passed out.
"Anas- I- What do you mean she committed suicide? That makes no sense, she would never," I objected

"The way they found her body and the fingerprints did match the ones they found on the gun -her gun to be exact, there were no signs of a break-in BUT, they did realize that the CCTV footage was destroyed, but that could mean she destroyed them before she killed herse-"

"Shut up, you don't know her as much as I do. I know she wouldn't kill herself, especially when she has three kids why the heck would she do that," I turned and saw that we were approaching my home. Good because I was about done with this conversation. "This is my stop sir, thank you very much."

"Alright get on your way now but just don't be too hard on yourself alright," he stated with a bright smile on him his face.

It was late in the afternoon about after 5:47pm, being at the precinct took up all my day and all I wanted to do was just drink away my sorrows, but I couldn't cuz I had my finals in a few weeks. Ugghhh. I walked to the front door and was about to open it when my phone started ringing.
Vmm Vmm.

"Hey Jason!"
Jason is one of Anastasia's son, he and I had an ok friendship. We'd just check up on each other.

"Yea, i'm fine, sorry about your mom by the w-...yea my mom's fine. I look over my shoulder and saw my ex's mother outside tending her vegetable garden and his father taking out the trash. So annoying that we live next to each other.

"Oh I almost forgot I did have some thing to do, i'm sorry this was cut so short but i'll talk to you later?"
"Ok buh-bye"

"Hey Mr and Mrs Blake!" I shouted
"Hey sweetie," they simultaneously shouted.
"Where's Jay?" I inquired giving a sweet innocent look
"I think he's inside with friends playing video games," she replied
"Ok, thanks, I'll be over shortly,"
"I don't know what he'd do without you. You're such a sweet young lady," Mr. Blake commented.

Sweet, sweet is an overstatement for what I'm about to do.

I went inside the house and headed straight for the kitchen and combined a concoction of banana, milk, cereal, flour, eggs, rice, ketchup, oil, bread crumbs, orange juice, toothpaste, tampon (dipped in red food colouring), bottled honey, pepper sauce and some apple-cider vinegar topped with some whipped cream. I can't believe I'm about to waste all this good food.
My nostrils at this point were begging for fresh air but I endured it. It had a brown tangy look , like what a child would create playing in dirt but with a 2 days old vomit stench and trust me, my mom let me experience that frequently.