Chapter 6

The night of the dance had arrived. Lola and Peter didn't know what to expect but they were going to try and make the best of the night.

Raven and Lola were finishing up getting ready when there was a knock at the door. Raven opened it to reveal MJ, Peter and Ned.

"You're early. Lola is finishing up. She said our ride will be here in a few minutes." Raven said as she let them into Lola's apartment.

"Alright Happy is down in the car waiting." Lola said, walking out of her room, phone in hand.

"Let's go then!" Raven shouted.

"Wait. Do you guys have the pagers we gave you?"

"Yes." Raven, MJ, and Ned replied.

"Okay. Just keep an eye out tonight. I don't know what Heather is planning."

"Yes mom." Raven said rolling her eyes. "Now let's go!" 

At the dance, Lola was standing to the side, scanning the room for Heather.

"Lo, this is your first actual dance. Just enjoy yourself." Peter said as he walked up to the girl.

"I want to but I'm just afraid Heather is going to pull something tonight."

"Just relax a little. The homecoming dance got ruined for you with us fighting Vulture. You deserve to have a proper high school dance experience."

Lola smiled at Peter. "Thanks Peter."

"Anything for you Lola." Peter smiled back.

"I'm just going to go use the bathroom first. I'll be back."

As Lola left the bathroom, she was approached by Heather.

"Well, well Agent 13."

"What do you want?"

"Oh you know what my orders were. And you and I both know what will happen if I fail the mission."

"I do. But there's no way you're taking me in."

Play song 

"Suit yourself." Heather said as she took her heels off and threw them at Lola, the girl dodging out of the way as they lodged themselves into the wall behind her.

"Seriously? Daggers in the heels? So predictable Agent 14. I would've expected more from you." Lola tisked.

Heather growled and charged at Lola. Lola once again dodged and swung around to tackle her to the floor.

"Aren't you forgetting that I was the one who always beat you in sparring and in training?"

Heather grabbed Lola and pinned her to the ground.

"Oh please, you only got extra training because you shared some blood with their greatest achievement. Speaking of, where is your dad?"

Lola threw Heather off of her, them both standing up and getting into a fighting position.

"Low blow with the dad comment Agent 14." Lola gritted.

"Look at you getting all soft on me Agent 13. Life outside of Hydra has not treated you well." Heather tisked, throwing a punch at Lola.

Lola grabbed Heather's fist and flipped her over on the ground. "At least I'm not waiting on someone hand and foot doing all the dirty work for them."

Heather swung her legs, knocking Lola down. She pulled out a knife and held it over Lola. "You know, they said I had to bring you back alive. They didn't say anything about you being on the brink of death though." Heather then swiped the knife across Lola's leg, leaving a deep gash.

Lola let out a small scream as she began struggling to keep the knife away from her.

Suddenly, something from behind Heather hit her, knocking her to the floor unconscious.

"I knew this thick, heavy U.S History book would come in hand for something." Raven said as she held the textbook.

Lola let out a sigh of relief as Raven helped her up. Peter, Ned, and MJ came running in their direction.

"Oh thank god you're okay." Peter said as he hugged Lola.

"Well, I mean my leg is pretty bad but I'm okay." Lola replied letting out another sigh. "How'd you guys find me?"

"After you left to go to the bathroom, I saw Heather come into the gym and look around. I guess she was looking for you and when she couldn't spot you, she left. I found MJ, Raven and Ned and we started searching for you."

"Thank you guys so much." Lola said as she hugged her friends.

Raven noticed that Lola was still wincing. "We need to get you some medical attention."

"I know. Let me call Tony and let him know. Nick will probably come in to take Heather away."

Thirty minutes later, Tony was at the school, Nick and SHIELD agents behind him.

"You kids are okay." Tony said letting out a sigh of relief.

"She needs medical attention." Raven said pointing to Lola.

"I'm fine Raven."

"No you're not." Tony, Raven, Ned, MJ and Peter replied.

"Okay maybe it hurts a little." Lola retorted.

"A little?" Tony questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"I've faced worse." Lola grumbled.

"Well you kids did a good job tonight. Let's get you guys home." Tony said, clapping his hands together.

Three hours and a medical examination later, Lola was lying on her couch watching tv when there was a knock at the door.

"Hey Peter." She said as she opened the door to the brown haired boy and let him in.

"Hey. So I was thinking."

"That's never good." Lola joked.

Peter chuckled. "You had two school dances ruined for you."

"I wouldn't say ruined. Just unexpected events."

"Well I want to give you a proper dance." Peter said pulling at his phone.

"What do you-" Lola was cut off as Stand By You started playing through Peter's speakers.

"Will you have this dance with me Lola?"

"Yes." Lola replied as she took Peter's hand and started dancing, the two occasionally laughing over stepping on each other's feet.