m o n s t e r

Run off ~

Run off ~

The sound of coat hangers clashing could be heard from the closet as I placed my Daughter Ally into her bed.

     " Daddy, There's a monster in my closet " she cried with fearful eyes. The sight pained me as I watch on.

     " There's no monsters in your closet hunny " I said with my teeth clenching.

     " How bout you sleep with me and mummy tonight ? Will that help you sleep ? " I asked with a smile.

Her pig tails bobbled as she nodded, in response. With a breath of relief wash over me, I picked her up leaving the room. Not forgetting to turn the light off, and close the door.

As we made it to our room, lightly shaking my wife awake.

     " What do you wa-" Her sentence was cut short as I held my finger to her mouth, signalling to be silent.

    " We need to leave, get outside quietly " I  whispered in her ear. Handing her Ally, I grabbed a telephone making our way down stairs as quietly as possible.

As we made it to the door, we stopped in our tracks realizing the door would make alot of noise. A thought came to mind as I placed my hand on the handle, while my wife gives me ' are you crazy?!? ' eyes.

     " Honey,  I'll see you in the morning ! The boss called ! " As I yelled, I opened the front door leaving with a easy escape.

~ 10 minutes later ~

As the cops left the house, two were holding a man who seemed to be on drugs, while another left with a knife in hand.

A cop approached us, shaking my hand as I thanked him.

     " The man seemed to have been hiding in your daughters closet waiting for you to leave her. He had a knife and seems to be intoxicated or on drugs. We will have the man detained and questioned once he sobers up. I will call you with any further details. " Said the cop as he left.

We all decided to sleep in one bed for tonight, not wanting to enter Ally's room.

    " I guess there was a monster in the closet after all " I said to my wife as we fell asleep with Ally in between.

×=×

Story plot ~

" I told her there was no monsters in her closet, as I picked her up and told her she could sleep with us tonight.

I figured that was the safest way of getting her out of the house without him realizing "