thirty - special seungjin chapter

seungjin won the vote, so here we are!

that doesn't mean the other ships won't get chapters later on, but yk, that'll be later on ykyk

[Thursday
17.05.21]

the peacefulness of the may morning was disrupted abruptly by the blaring sound of an alarm. the black haired male lying in bed groaned and covered his head with his pillow in an attempt to fall back to sleep. it didn't work, however, as the cold breeze from his window that he forgot to shut the night before nipped at his exposed leg that hung off the bed and his alarm continued to beep at him.

rolling over, he reached for his alarm and slammed his hand down, arm then hanging down before his weight became too close to the edge of the bed and he ended up slipping off onto the floor with a loud yelp and a thud.

sitting up on the floor, hyunjin rubbed his head and stood up to go and close his window before heading out to his bathroom to get ready. he was never a morning person, but he knew education was important and he also didn't want to make his adorable best friend upset so he somehow forced himself out of bed everyday.

grabbing his school bag and heading downstairs, hyunjin noticed his father had left a note on the kitchen counter explaining that he'd already left for work and there was breakfast for him in the fridge, not forgetting to remind his son that he loved him and hoped he'd have a good day at school.

hyunjin hadn't had a mother since he was six- she'd passed away during a stroke. due to his son not having a mother figure, hyunjin's father had tried his best to fulfil both parental roles and balance that with his work and mental health until hyunjin was old enough to care for himself. he was also forever grateful to his son's blonde best friend for caring for him too- that boy was an angel.

after eating and putting on his shoes, hyunjin opened the front door and to his dismay was met with rapid falling rain. he sighed and was about to turn around to go and get a coat when a sweet-like voice called his name.

"hyunjin!"

the said male faced the rain again and saw a familiar brunette standing at the bottom of his front steps, smiling at him- seungmin. hyunjin always saw the boy pass his house in the morning but was too shy to ask to walk with him so he always waited until he had walked past so he could walk behind him, despite his father's word of encouragement to talk to him.

"oh, seungmin, hi!"

"were you planning on leaving like that? you'll get soaked." the brunette giggled softly, causing hyunjin to rub the back of his neck sheepishly.

"w-well, i was, until i saw the rain and i was going to get my coat-"

"don't worry about it, we can share my umbrella. it's big enough for the two of us." seungmin offered and hyunjin nodded before closing and locking the door and sprinting to the bottom of the steps and under the umbrella.

the two began to walk again, a silence falling over them apart from the rain cascading down all around them. it wasn't an awkward or uncomfortable silence, it's just that neither of them knew what to say or talk about. hyunjin took a deep breath.

"so, seungmin..."

"yeah?" the said boy looked at the black haired male with curious, sparkling eyes.

"do you want to sit with me and my friend at lunch?"

seungmin smiled and nodded, hyunjin letting out an unnoticeable sigh of relief. "jeongin messaged me that he isn't in today anyway. felix is your friend, right? the blonde one?"