The Man in the Mask

It was your first day in San Francisco. You wake up to the sound of your alarm blaring. You let out a yawn before reaching to turn your alarm off. "Fuck..." you mutter. After a few more minutes of laying in bed, you finally decide to get up. You throw your blanket to the side and sit up on the edge of your bed. You survey your surroundings. Boxes, boxes. and more boxes. You had a lot of unpacking to do. "I guess I Should get started...after breakfast!" you thought to yourself. You grabbed your phone and looked up some places nearby. You settle on a coffee shop a few minutes away, walking distance. After throwing on a simple outfit and making your way through the boxes that crowded your apartment you made your way outside. The second you open the door, you were greeted with people walking up and down the sidewalks. Some on their phones, others rushing to work. You took a deep breath before stepping out onto the slightly crowded sidewalk and made your way to the cafe. You reach the cafe. You opened the door, the tone of a bell rang when you did. You walk in admiring the artwork on the walls. You make your way to the counter scanning the menu. "What can i get for you?" the employee asked. You paused before ordering. "I'll take an iced coffee with vanilla cream." you said. "Alright hang tight." the employee said as he walked over to the coffee machine. You started looking around again, getting distracted you hardly noticed the employee was talking to you. "Sorry I was spacing out! Did you say something?" The employee chuckled "No worries. I was just asking if you were new in town. I've never seen you in here before." You quickly responded "Yeah I just got settled in last night actually. I still have to unpack." The conversation went on a little longer but before you knew it your coffee was finished. You pay and take a seat at a table. You take a few sips of your coffee and scroll through social media on your phone, when you hear the bell on the door ring again. You instinctively look up to see who walked in. You stared in both confusion and curiosity. It was a man. He was of a smaller build but he was pretty toned. He was wearing a hoodie with a spiked vest over it. His forearms were covered in tattoos. But what stood out the most was his mask. The eyes changed between different symbols whenever he spoke. And his voice...It was robotic. You continued staring at him without realizing it. He looked at you for a few seconds before grabbing a cup holder with three coffees and leaving the store. You got up and walked to the counter. "Who was that?" you asked. "Oh he's a regular here, comes in every once in a while. Name's Wrench." Wrench? A strange name for a strange man. "Well I should probably get back home and get those boxes dealt with. Thanks for the coffee." You walked back to the table and gathered things before exiting the shop. You made your way back to your apartment but once you opened the front door. Boxes. Dammit. You thought to yourself. You decided it was time to get it out of the way and began to sort through the boxes placing the smaller boxes in one area and the bigger boxes in another. "Time to get to work."
Time skip
A couple hours passed by. There were still a lot of boxes left. You sat on the couch and let out a long sigh. You just decided to finish up tomorrow. You got into your pajamas and fell onto your bed.
A/N
Hey so this is my first time writing a story and actually publishing it (also there are 2 authors writing this story) if you want please let us know what you think so far <3