EPILOGUE

Three Years Later

"Do you, Rosalie, solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Corona, with justice and mercy, as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asked, holding her magic wand over Rosalie while Rapunzel and Eugene stood next to her, the crown emblazoned with the floral insignia of Corona held in the former queen's hands as she proudly watched her daughter.

"I do solemnly swear." Rosalie promised.

"Then it is my honor and joy to bless the new queen." Fairy Godmother said proudly, tapping Rosalie lightly on each shoulder with the wand, officially crowning her Queen of Corona as the cathedral surrounding them burst into applause.

"That's our girl!" Krissy shouted from the front row, where she sat along with Jay, Ansel, Lonnie, Chad, Audrey, Uma, Gil, CJ, Harriet, Mal, Ben, Evie, Doug, Carlos, and Jane, all there to support their friend, and Rosalie felt the weight of the crown being placed on her head before slowly rising back to her feet, where Harry stepped forward to take her hand.

The new King of Corona led his Queen down the center of the cathedral, past the rows of friends, family, and other peoples of Corona and the surrounding lands in Auradon, and the doors to the cathedral opened, leading them out to the balcony to greet the rest of the citizens. The church bells rang in celebration, the sound echoing for miles, and the people in the streets sang and played instruments, the music floating up to where the royals had all been gathered. In the distance, others had already filled up the boats, traveling onto the lake for the releasing of the lanterns.

Rapunzel and Eugene were close behind Harry and Rosalie, the first lantern already lit and ready to be sent off by the new king and queen. Rosalie took hold of one side, Harry gripping the other, before they slowly let it go. The lantern flew high, illuminating where the sky was slowly beginning to grow dark as the rays of sunset were starting to fade, and as soon as theirs was in the sky, the rest of the lanterns were lit, filling the sky with thousands of twinkling lights.

Rosalie smiled up at Harry as they watched the lanterns rise into the sky, the metal insignia of the hook that had been engraved into his crown glinting in the light of the flames. The hook had been a reminder of the only artifact left behind by his father, which Harry eventually donated to the Museum of Cultural History shortly after he'd begun working as a member of Ben's cabinet, once the reparations on the Isle were completed once and for all.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry asked Rosalie over the roar of celebrations, but she simply smiled, wrapping an arm around his waist as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I never thought this day would actually come." she admitted. "I just can't believe it's actually here."

"Is it everything you ever dreamed it would be?" he asked, and she nodded without hesitation.

"It's absolutely perfect."

And they lived happily ever after....

THE END

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Thank you so much for reading 'HOOKED!'

This was the first Descendants fanfic I'd ever started (but most certainly not the last, as I have quite a few planned ahead of me!) so thank you for coming along on the ride. I hope you've enjoyed Harry and Rosalie's story as much as I've loved telling it.

-xoxo Liv