Chapter 19

They had two days left. Only two days. Then the world would most likely go to hell and Aelin was going to have to find a way to protect Erilea and Prythian. She needed to fight something or someone. Needed to ground herself in her assassin's suit and remind herself who she was.

She was Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, the Firebringer, not some sniveling girl. 

Her fingers curled inwards, seeking familiarity from scars that were no longer there. Groaning, she dropped her head into her hands, drawing Rowan's attention from where he was sitting in a dark wood chair, flipping through some ancient book Amren had given them.

Of course, the Queen had only reappeared after the fight. Amren had been gone for a day and a night, "researching." No matter what that fae did, Aelin would never quite trust her. Rowan tilted his head towards her. Are you doing alright?

Her face twisted into a scowl, giving him her feelings about the question. "Of course I am, you buzzard." He gave her that dead-eyed stare of his until she threw her hands up and changed her answer. "I'm just worried."

Rowan smiled slightly. "Meaning you don't have some crazy stupid plan to sacrifice yourself and save everyone single-handedly, and you're stressed without it?"

"No."

"Ok, yes." He came to sit next to her, leaning over and brushing his lips with hers. "Well, at least we have some experience in this line of work."

"Only some? Aren't you an ancient bastard?" Rowan huffed. "I was going to tell you where Morrigan has a stash of chocolate hidden, but now I may not."

Aelin's eyes widened. "You wouldn't dare." Her mate smiled, really smiled, pulling her close. His tattoo rippled in the dim light. "Get some sleep. I'm here to help the nightmares."

"You changed the topic."

"Good night, Fireheart."

"You owe me chocolate."

---------------------------------------------------------The next morning, after a nightmare-less night, Rhys called a meeting in the library. Remembering her last experience here, Aelin couldn't say she was particularly excited to be back, but the sheer amount of books- non-possessed without the ability to talk- present managed to comfort her.

"Alright, can someone tell me the deal with Tamlin?" This drew eyes towards her, though she couldn't care less. "It sounded like you guys had some sort of backup or deception plan going. I would like some answers, please and thank you."

Azriel gave her a half-hearted smile. "Yes. That is something that needs to be done. Mor told Tamlin a good deal of fake information, because of Ianthe's association with the Valg. Now he has no idea of what's about to happen."

"So someone needs to arrange a second meeting with him." Cassian finished, as Feyre sighed. "But we all know there's no chance he's going to meet with us completely alone." The High Lord leaned back in his worn armchair, rubbing a hand through his hair.

"No, but he may with Helion." Helion. As far as Aelin could remember, that was the Lord of the Day Court. Morrigan snorted. "Everyone knows that the Solar Courts have strong relations. I hate to say it, but Tamlin isn't that stupid."

Aedion was distracted, studying several war maps, face creased. Fenrys was next to him, equally worried. She knew her cousin had something to say. "And that isn't our only problem. We have no army." Amren rolled her eyes while coming to stand by them. "We have humans. But I agree. No army that we can direct."

"Isn't this all going to happen in the Spring Court? That makes the human armies easy enough to get to. If we need help, couldn't Helion assist? The only struggle would be getting the army across Summer, Winter, and Autumn." Lys spoke up.

"That still means we're in a shaky situation, especially without fae."

"And why would that be?"

"Human armies can be very unreliable with their attitudes." That was the wrong thing to say. Aelin let a smirk creep onto her face as Lysandra's eyes blazed up with anger towards Cassian.

"And this is why the fae and humans have struggled for so long! In fact, in a time of terror, I would choose a human army over a fae one!" She looked ready to continue, but Aedion shot her a look and she sat back down with a 'hmph'. Oh, those two definitely had something going on.

Rowan cleared his throat. "Moving on,"

They split into groups, with Aelin, Rhys, Aedion, Rowan, and Fenrys discussing how they were going to deal with this, how they were going to set up their strategy. Azriel, Morrigan, Lys, and Feyre were poring over maps, planning how to deal with the Queens, with Tamlin.

A knock on the library door interrupted them. "I heard someone needed my help?" A man breezed inside, tanned skin, dark hair, and golden eyes.

Morrigan started, bolting up and staring at the male. Helion. "How-"

"I have my ways."

Rhys rolled his eyes. "I sent him a mental message."

"I thought we agreed that we weren't doing this."

"We weren't. But Helion has a very helpful plan."

Abrupt ending and a lil shorter than usual, but I hope you all like!