Chapter 15

CW: Descriptions of sexual assault

     It is said that the sky is darkest before dawn. But perhaps the sky will never be dark to me again. The light of a million suns gleamed onto the red desert sand and the moon hung lazily over the western horizon. No constellations stood out in the brilliant crowd, but the arm of the Milky way streaked across the sky in a grand arc. My green optics stared into the speckled abyss as my chest swirled with warm emotions.

     It was approximately three in the morning. Ironhide, Optimus, and the newly arrived Autobots were to go to D.C. with the coming plane. We traveled a couple hours east from the base to the designated rendezvous point. For two hours, we waited for the plane to arrive. Optimus was obviously antsy. His pacing was audible as his large frame stomping over the dust.

     I leaned into Ironhide's head from my usual perch.

     'He's been like that since the Nemesis fell.' Ironhide's voice made me jump. I could feel it directly inside my head, but... closer to myself in a way. Our new bond - only a few hours old -  was still pooling with warm and swirling feelings. Love flowed in and out between us continuously as if breathing. Sending him my emotions came naturally, but there were still other aspects I was becoming accustomed to. I leaned back into his "ear" and continued to observe the large mech.

     'Is it because of me?' I asked. Sending thoughts to and from him felt almost like using comms. But, you know, with emotions. He sent me a mental shrug I could feel in my mind rather than see. On the outside, he remained still.

     'In part.' He admitted. 'But Deception activity also shifted focus. Attacking the children, for example. It's something we should have expected from Megatron, but didn't prepare for. Prime's worried about the kids. They aren't safe anymore.'

     'And the government really isn't doing their part to help.' I add.

     'That, too.'

     The stare of a certain red mech caught my attention.  I lifted my gaze to meet Dino's as he considered me. Since we met, he'd been suspicious of me. Yes, we didn't meet under the best circumstances, but I figured his shifty looks would stop once I was a confirmed Autobot. Guess I was wrong. He averted his gaze when Ironhide met his optics.

     "Uh-oh. Brace yourself." Ironhide said aloud. I squinted at my partner before Sideswipe stepped into my vision.

     "My, my. Did you say that earlier, too?" The silver mech replied smoothly. "I expect you had a... pleasant night." He stated too sweetly. My mind immediately flew to a couple hours before. Had we been too loud? Considering Ironhide's size, the walls are relatively thin for our... activities.

     "Leave it alone, Sides. That's our business." Ironhide growled, but soothing emotions flowed from him to ease me.

     "Oh, I wouldn't have expected you to be so bashful!" Sideswipe teased with a smirk. "And what about you? Care to kiss and tell?" My eyes widened at his attention.

     "Uh... I'm not at liberty to discuss it?" I panicked.

     "Aww. She's shy too." He cooed and poked my head. I swatted his hand away as he laughed.

     "Fuck off, beyblade!" My insult only served to make him laugh harder. Ironhide's own amusement filled the bond and I rolled my eyes.

     "Wow, tick tack. I'm so hurt!" He shot back.

     "You're gonna be thinking that when I kick your ass!"

     "I don't know. Can you jump high enough?" He sassed.