Chapters 10-12

I slowly woke the next morning to darkness, groaning as I realized it was morning and I was tired from yesterday all together, and my lack of good sleep from my dream, and the fragmented terrifying dreams afterwards. Yet... why is it dark? I could hear the birds chirping, the phone ringing below in the house, the sound of a car going by on the street in front of the house... I clumsily reached up, fumbling with the object, the scent of Oak, Sandalwood, Cedar, ginger, and rain strong as I pulled the object off of my face and realized it was Edward jacket that I covered my face with. I blushed at that and knew I would need to shower before going to school, or else Edward would probably smell his scent on my face and I am not answering that question.

I folded his jacket carefully and laid it on top of my made bed as I got my clothes together and made my way quickly to the bathroom, brushing my teeth, combing my hair before taking my long bangs and twisting them around my head to pin the middle of the locks to the opposite side of my head, the rest hanging down with the rest of my hair and I secured a cute lime green bandana in my hair under my bangs, having showered as I picked out my best clothes, a deep blue turtleneck and a set of dark blue jeans with my new boots.

After using my influence to hide that I was crying last night I realized how stupid I was trying to make myself pretty. Of course I thought this looked okay but I tended to forget everyone else saw Bella, not me! I closed my eyes and didn't even have to think it, just focused my intent into seeing the Bella everyone else sees as I opened my eyes and stared at the stranger in the mirror with brown hair and brown eyes, a thin body that isn't as willowy as my own, and she's shorter than me.

I stared at her for a long moment, almost wishing I was Bella just so I could keep this life. There had to be more answers on where Bella could be... but I know I won't find any more answers until after Saturday. I took a deep breath and decided with Edward's awareness of my influence to make myself see what everyone else sees, Bella. At least until Saturday.

I picked up my bookbag as I made myself toast really quick with butter, realizing I was running late as I grabbed my keys raced out the door, eating as I aimed for my truck while watching where I was going until...

I saw the Volvo, in Charlie's cruiser's place. I blinked, having forgotten that detail as I stared in shock at Edward leaning casually against his Volvo as he grinned at my surprised expression. He seemed more... open, happy, than he was yesterday. I imagine knowing he doesn't have to hide the truth from me any longer is a relief.

"No offence to your truck but the thing often sounds like it's planning to die out on you every time you start it, plus I imagine it uses up a lot of gas and you have to pay more for gas than most so how about you ride with me today?" Edward asked as I stood there with toast held towards my mouth, probably have crumbs on my face and having not chewed the piece of bread I already bit off. I shallowed and wiped my face, embarrassed at him seeing my messy eater side as he grinned even more.

"Um, sure?" I said, still a bit surprised, but smiled as he walked around and opened my door for me as I walked around the Volvo too, surprised when he held his hand out in an old gesture that isn't often used anymore, making me grin even more as I placed my hand in his for stability and sat in the car before he closed the door. He didn't even bother hiding his speed as the next second he was in the drivers side. I glanced at him and smiled.

"You know, most girls from this century would die to have a guy do chivalrous things like that anymore. I think you will end up making half the girls in our high school jealous." I joked as he glanced at me and grinned as he pulled out. I admired his wind swiped hair catching in the faint cloudy light and his light and happy butterscotch eyes. Him being less stressed and worried is only making him that much more distracting.