Children of the Damned

Damon POV

A plan had been made for Anna and Ben, we just needed to wait until that night, but for now, I might as well annoy my brother and the doppelganger that I had the pleasure of hearing them canoodle last night, or at least begin too, I snuck off afterwards. They were all cuddling up in bed, time for me to ruin it.

"Rise and shine, sleepyheads," I spoke up, startling the two who somehow did not see me standing at the end of the bed. Both of them had immediately pulled the sheets up to cover themselves, I did not know why Stefan was doing it though, he's a guy. And then with Elena, she's a copy of Katherine, who I have unfortunately also seen naked. "Damon! Please!" Elena exclaimed in annoyance.

"What are you doing?" Stefan finally said.

"Oh, stop being smutty," I said. Stefan pulled the sheets even higher on Elena to cover her up more, "Seriously, get out of here!"

"If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it. Now listen, we have some very important business to discuss," I began explaining about the grimoire and what it was, I knew they had another motive to helping me, but I'm focused on Anna and Ben. I remember Anna's mother Pearl is in the tomb, I may or may not have put her in there. I left soon afterwards hearing the morning sex that was occurring in the room.

I went over to the Gilbert House where Alex also currently was, "Jeremy, Jenna, your sister/niece has been having sex with my fake brother all night and continued this morning, I thought I would share that information," I stated when I walked in. Alex had immediately started laughing seeing their faces as I grabbed the Gilbert journal. Anna had called Jeremy again, much to my sister's annoyance, saying she'll be at the Grill later, but we'll get her before that. I put a tracking spell on the journal as I was going to help with Anna, while Alaric, dad, Kol and Bonnie would take care of Ben. Mom and Jenna would join the twins for Stefan and Elena, if they make their move at the same time.

Alaric POV

I was reading the journal, I could sense powerful magic at times or even if someone was around me, and I could tell Damon's spell was still in fact on there. Ingrid had found a spell in her mother's grimoires that basically turned me into an immortal hunter; I only hunted those who deserved it though. As I was reading a bit, and finding out exactly why Damon liked to complain about his fake father Giuseppe, I got a text from Jeremy informing me that Stefan and Elena were coming for the journal, or more like Stefan was coming. Vlad had asked me to train Jeremy in combat before he did, he didn't know if he wanted to be a vampire or just immortal, but they respect his wishes like they did for me. Alex had to reassure him many times that she wouldn't be mad if he just chose to be an immortal hunter.

"Hello?" I called out, sensing Anna was around me. I had made copies of the journal before adding my own little note for Anna inside the journal that basically said she did a big no-no. I had been grading when I heard her speed past me. "Hello?" I repeated in the hallway, "Someone there?" I added, now sensing who I believed to be Stefan. I had pulled out my weapon that shoots out wooden stakes, purposely knowing it's one of the ones without vervain, knowing I unfortunately cannot Stefan. I shot in his direction and of course he caught it, I was barely trying. "You shouldn't have done that," he says.

Damon POV

I had brought Caroline and Calista with me to see Jenna, knowing that I would have to leave in a little bit to find Jeremy. He had left prior to us arriving. I was trying to get an honest answer out of Elena who was clearly not told that we can hear a human's heart change if they're lying. When Stefan finally made his appearance and Elena met him outside, Jenna left to get changed so she wouldn't be seen, Alaric had been training her and Jeremy, turns out Jenna did have a bit of magic in her from her father's side, Jeremy was showing a few signs of it, we had found out he could pick up on my magic that I put on the journal a slight bit. The twins were putting on the jewelry they charmed so Stefan wouldn't sense them and pulled out one they made for Jenna.

I hurried out and followed where the journal was leading me and seeing Alex pointing out the swarm of bats that she knew was me, and opened the back door. "You did well with following, we're about a mile away," I told Jeremy. He looked rather happy about it, so did Alex, none of us hid that he could use that magic to help him hunt. Alaric had a very similar thing although he was just sensitive to the magic, he couldn't exactly follow it. When we got it leading to a motel room, I quickly compelled everyone to ignore what was happening in the room for the next twelve hours as Alex confirmed Anna was in there and kicked the door down. The vampire looked up, surprised, "Hello Anna," was all we said.

Bonnie POV

I was at my date with Ben, wasn't liking it very much. I honestly was thinking of Kol the whole time, I had gone to the bathroom, passing by Alaric, Vlad, and-is that Kol?! I made it into the room, making sure to look scared and slipped on another bracelet that I have using to practice with my own magic and not the ancestors magic without them noticing. It put up an undetectable block. When I had entered the bathroom, I knew he was following me and I was muttering the spell I need and finished it when he came in, "Imperio," I said louder and his body got rigid. "Follow me out," I ordered.

Alaric, Vlad, and Kol all stood as I walked by, Ben stiffly walking after me, we made to the car, where nobody was and Kol snapped his neck. We got in the car and drove back to the Tepes house. "Anna's been found too," Alaric said. "Now just to wait for the doppelganger couple," Vlad added. Yeah Ingrid, Vlad, Damon, and Alex, also explained that Stefan was actually also a doppelganger. He was the doppelganger of Silas who was the lover to the original Petrova, Amara. No, I was not happy about what my ancestor did out of anger but I can't do much about it.

Calista POV

Caroline and I were off to the side, a distance away. Ingrid stayed near Jenna, who was in a tree with a crossbow, as we watched Elena and Stefan dig up Giuseppe's grave. We used Bonnie's blood while she had the ancestor blocker bracelet on so we didn't have any defenses as we tried to find the grimoire which happened to be that grave. Stefan pulled out the grimoire from his father's arms and covered the tomb. He sat and looked for the spell as I stepped out, "Well, what do you know?" I drawled.

They were both startled as they found me standing there, quite pissed, "This is an interesting turn of events. You try to convince Damon you would help him and then you go and do this," I could hear my twin start a spell on Elena, she starts gasping for air, "Are you going to let her suffocate for a book?" I asked innocently.

"He compelled you didn't he?" Stefan said outraged.

"I thought we established this before, I am not being compelled, he actually gives me my own supply of vervain, and I'm surprised you aren't asking about Elena's lack of air. You see, I have connections, so does Damon, he had a feeling you two would betray him, so I followed you out, now as Elena has now passed out from the lack of air, are you going to give me that grimoire," I purposely kept talking to see how far Stefan would go about the book. He dropped the book and Caroline let Elena drop to the floor, I was headed to get the book when Stefan attacked, only to be shot with a wood arrow from Jenna and Ingrid coming to snap his neck.

Jenna POV

A little while later, Stefan comes in carrying Elena, they had no memory of who attacked them. I let Stefan stay, as long as the door was kept open; he wasn't very quiet when Elena got taken though. Ruining my sleepy time, how dare them.