𝟏𝟕 | 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐡

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟳 (Shawn's point of view)

I smile as I walk down into the basement for the third time today. My mind is dark and it wanders to a familiar place, a place that most people would be scared of. My hands are shaking as I hold onto the sink and blink my eyes. The twisted grin on my face only grows as I look at myself in the mirror.

My face looks distorted but I don't mind.

"Shawn," I hear a voice say.

I wince as my head starts to throb.

"No," I murmur as I shake my head to get the voice out.

Being in this state of mind can quickly become dangerous if I don't focus on something else. I walk over to my drawer and pull it open. The contents spill out of it as the drawer tilts out of its slot.

"Shawn!" Several voices scream at once.

"No," I growl as I clutch my head in my hands.

It's throbbing and the room now appears to be swirling. I know that I have to find something to concentrate on or else things will get even darker.

"Shawn!! Grab the knives!" A couple voices say.

I shake my head and beat it with my fists.

"Stop talking to me," I growl out as I lean over a chair and shake my head ferociously.

Maybe I shouldn't have kidnapped Joey after all. The longer he's here the darker my mind becomes.

It's a similar mindset to the one that transforms me before a show except it's not as easy to get out of.

It's chaotic and controlling.

"Shawn! You bastard! You know what you need to do," The voices whisper to me as I pull my hair a little harder than I meant to.

My eyes travel over to the drawer and they land on something shiny. I shake my head again as the voices scream at me. I know what they want me to do but I deny them the satisfaction.

I hear footstep coming from upstairs but they sound faint compared to the roaring in my head.

"Hey Shawn!" I hear someone call.

I can't tell if it's one of the guys or the voices. Suddenly everyone is screaming all at once.

"Shut up! Shut up!" I scream as I stand up quickly.

The door to the basement opens and I glare up at whoever opened it.

"Hey Shaw-, woah buddy," I hear Corey's voice say as he looks down at me.

"Corey," I rasp out as the voices ring in my ears, "you should go."

"Shawn, did you take your medication?" Corey asks.

There's a bottle of pills upstairs that help keep these voices quiet. I can't remember if I took them today or not.

"Corey leave!" I yell as I stand up quickly.

Corey's eyes get wide and he nods. I hear the door shut after him and his footsteps pound throughout the house. He's probably going to grab my medicine but at this point I don't think it will work.

My eyes travel over to the drawer again and I smile as I realize Joey is still upstairs in the bath.

"You know why you brought him here. Go through with it! Stop holding back," the voices say.

I nod silently to myself. My fists are clenched at my sides and my knuckles are white as I resist my urges. The voices only get louder the longer I fight them.