5.

It was late at night. Dan was laying on the couch, sleeping. The rest of the day had been quite eventful. They all went to go get dinner at a fancy Asian restaurant, which everyone enjoyed very much. Dan and Corey hadn't talked the rest of the day, rather it was more everyone was hanging out together. Corey was still really shy but becoming more comfortable.

As Dan laid asleep comfortably, his slumber was interrupted by a tapping on his shoulder. He was slowly awoken and looked around in the dark. But then, his brown eyes met bright light blue ones. It was Corey.

As Dan woke up more, he looked closer at Corey and noticed something was off. His eyes were a little red, his hair was damp, and he was a little sweaty. Dan got up from the couch and looked at Corey with a polite smile.

"Hi, Corey-"

"I'm sorry..." he began to whisper, " I just didn't know who to come to, I was just-"

Dan interrupted him and put a hand on his arm. His arm was soft and warm, and slightly toned. "It's okay. What's wrong?" Dan said politely, with a smile.

Corey looked a little embarrassed. "Actually, it's okay, you can go back to sleep-"

"It's okay Corey. What's wrong?"

God those eyes. They kill me.

"I-I had a bad dream... I'm sorry..."

"Hey, it's okay!" Dan sat up from the couch and made room for him to sit down, patting the side of the couch.

Corey sat down and Dan continued. "...do you wanna talk about it?" He said quietly.

"...not really. I-I uh- I just needed to talk to someone." He said, looking down, hiding his beautiful eyes.

Dan's heart slightly folded. He just wanted to keep looking at those eyes. "That's okay. What do you want to talk about?" Dan said calmly, searching for those eyes again.

Corey stayed silent, fiddling with his hands. A small sniffle came out of him and Dan felt his heartbreak a little. Was he crying? Dan leaned down under him and looked at his face, and smiled. "Hey...It's okay." He said calmly.

Corey looked at him with teary eyes. Those eyes were something else. You could read them like a book. Corey slowly laid his hand on Dan's arm, a wave of warmth hitting Dan's entire body. "I'm... I'm probably gonna go... thank you..." Corey said, his voice breaking, his accent getting a little thicker.

"Are you sure?" Dan asked softly.

Corey got up from the couch and wiped his face with his hand, and didn't look back at Dan. "Thank you." That was all he said before he went back upstairs, leaving Dan in the cold.

Dan almost followed him but decided against it. His heart shattered into a million pieces. That wasn't a normal nightmare reaction.

He was having more than a nightmare. Was it something worse? Dan thought to himself. It made him sad that the little fragile man in the house was having experiences like this. Dan's mom used to have the same thing after she escaped his abusive dad. Dan knew how to deal with these things. The best thing he could do was hug his mom and tell her that she was okay. It could be a whole hour before she calmed down.

Should I ask him about it tomorrow? Dan thought to himself.

Yet again, Dan remembered to keep his space from Corey to avoid stupid things happening on the trip. This was only the 2nd night. For now, Dan trusted that Corey could deal with it himself.

Short chapter I know. But this was so hard to write for me. I've had friends have PTSD or get triggered in front of me and it is hard to watch. Please if you are ever sad or need someone to talk to, please reach out to me!! I am always here :))