three

"Are the windows shut?" Jamie asked her daughter who sat on a zoom with her friends. "Shut and locked." Amelia replied while sipping her water, the the storm clouds just started to roll in. "If you see someone by your window nailing wood to it, don't panic!" Jamie exclaimed rushing out of the room. The three boys laughed and continued the conversation. "You guys wanna hangout after the storm passed?" Amelia asks rolling around the room in her chair. "It's not just a 'storm' Mel, it's a hurricane." Luke said and the blonde girl rolled her eyes. "No really? I didn't know that!" She exclaimed sarcastically. The three laughed but it was cut off my the man nailing wood to her windows. "We had some guys do our windows earlier too, only took them like 15 minutes." Gavin said noticing the girls annoyed face, which returned to normal after hearing what he said. "So did you find anything out about that guy from the cemetery?" Hunter asked after being silent for awhile. Amelia hesitated, she forgot to ask her mom what it could've been. "No, but i went back yesterday morning. The mud was still there and the-uh stone you guys were at was chipped in the right upper corner, probably got kicked."

Hunter groaned while the other two stayed quiet. "During the eye of the storm let's visit and check up on it?" Luke suggests noticing the ere silence, they all agreed. "Isn't it gonna be like midnight during the eye of the storm?" Gavin asked looking away from his game and at his camera. Amelia nodded. "My cousin Maisy can drive us but we'll also have to bring Natalie and Maisy too." Hunter said looking away from his phone. "Alright!" Amelia smiled while spinning on her chair. "Wear dark clothes!" Hunter said and Gavin giggled. "Sneaky link?" He asked between his giggle fit. Luke winked at the camera making Amelia laugh. "Get some sleep you bums, we have a big night tonight." Amelia smiled as she wheeled back to her computer. The all logged off and went off to their own beds.

*

The silence settled in around 12:50 am, the air remained humid making Amelia groan as she snuck out the back door. She hopped into the car and took a seat next to Gavin after saying a 'hello' to everyone else. The car drove smoothly except for when they swerved around a broken tree. When the car slowed the head lights were turned off snd the four teens quietly jumped out. They held small flashlights in their hands and nodded to the three girls who anxiously sat in the car. The sky was pitch black, the air and ground were wet and the cemetery was full of fog. "This looks like it's straight out of a movie." Amelia whispered as the crawled under the broken fence.  They helped each other up and stumbled to keep steady ground. "Only use on flashlight at a time." Luke said as he flipped his on. They walked low to the ground and tightly as a group. Eventually they made it to the grave spot the boys were at a few days ago. "Here's my dads spot, they fixed the stone." He sighed in relief, they all sighed in relief and moved forward towards the mausoleums.

Amelia touched a wall and turned her flashlight on while Luke turned his off. She scraped the mud off the words and sighed. "This is my dads mausoleum."

——————
I'M SORRY IF THIS SEEMS SLOPPY!!!!!