In Blair's opinion, eight in the morning was far too early to be expected to arrive at her job. She was a nanny after all. Most of the time the kids weren't even up until around eight thirty. But as Blair pulled up into the neat driveway and emerald yard of the Jones' house, she also thought it was far too late to run the sprinkler in the early July sun.

Blair stepped out of the car, and immediately a wave of humidity hit her. It didn't matter though. By this time she was thoroughly used to the fickle Louisville weather.

The house towered over Blair as she walked the drive, windows glinting in the early morning sun, casting a long shadow as she reached the front door and rang the doorbell. It trilled several times before the door opened. She had to look down to see who opened the door.

It was tiny Henry Jones, barely four years old, and he was shaking with excitement.

"Are you going to stay for a long time today?" He asked meekly. Blair smiled.

"Yes buddy. Your mommy has to go to work today, so I'll be staying as long as I usually do," Henry nodded.

"Yeah I know," Henry said like he hadn't asked the question in the first place. Blair followed him as he walked back into the house on clumsy legs.

Mrs. Jones was in the kitchen, typing away at her laptop, even at the early time. Or, early for Blair. She barely took notice of Blair until Blair coughed slightly. Mrs. Jones' head snapped up from her laptop.

"Oh is it that time already?" Mrs. Jones said. Blair could see the relief in her eyes."Just let me finish up one thing before I leave,"

Like I have a choice, Blair thought. She liked Mrs. Jones; it was just that at times she could be either intense or wave you off. It depended on her mood, which was always changing. In a way, she sort of reminded Blair of her mother. Except Blair would rather be with Mrs. Jones.

Mrs. Jones spent a few more minutes typing at her keyboard while Blair helped herself to a glass of water. She was already keeping an eye on Henry, who was in the large living room, playing with toy cars.

Mrs. Jones finished up quickly, packing up her stuff at the speed of light.

"You know the drill," she said, pointing in Blair's direction, "I'll be back around 5:30 today. Bye-bye Henry. Love you!" she said, waving at the little boy. He waved back before turning to his cars. And with that Mrs. Jones was out the door.

Blair sighed and walked over to Henry, who was eagerly smashing other cars into each other.

"This one is a battle against my favourite candy! Snickers or Skittles!" Then he smashed the cars together, letting them roll off in different directions. One went under the couch, meaning that Blair had to find it and retrieve it.

"Can you stop making so much noise? I'm trying to sleep," a groggy voice came from the stairs. Blair could just barely see who it was from her perch on the couch.

"Good morning Mary," Blair said quietly.

Mary greatly resembled her brother Henry. They both had thick blond hair that was so light it was almost transparent and large hands with long, pudgy fingers. Their noses, lips, and expressions were almost identical. And they both hated it. The two younger children had never gotten along, much to Blair's disappointment, even though they were less than three years apart, Mary being six ("almost seven," she insisted)

"Hi Blair," Mary said, immediately perking up. She skipped her way downstairs and plopped down next to Blair.

"What are we doing today?" Mary asked eagerly. Blair smiled.