Part 1

Being the younger sister to the girl's volleyball captain you've naturally became best friends with the boy's volleyball team. You've been friends with the third years for a while now which is how you developed a crush on Daichi, the captain of the boy's team. You're the ace for the girl's volleyball team so after your practice you like to go watch the boys practice. 

You were sitting on the bleachers doing homework when you notice the boys start cleaning up. As you're packing up, Daichi walks up to you and asks, "Hey Y/n, can you hit me a few balls before you go?" 

You smile and say, "Of course darling." You call your friends all kinds of pet names so this isn't meant to be in a romantic way, even though you really wish it was. 

You start spiking balls at Daichi, and you can't help but admire how great of a player he is. This just makes you want to challenge him.

"I dare you to do the rolling thunder." 

"Oh you dare me?" he asks mockingly 

"Yeah. I triple dog dare you."

He gives you a nod. You smirk as you get a ball and bounce it on the ground a few times as a short warm up ritual. You toss the ball, run up, and hit it as hard as you can. Daichi didn't realize you were holding back until now. As he gets ready to pass the ball he yells "ROLLING THUND-" 

In that moment there was a loud slam and silence as Daichi was cut off.

The ball hit him on the face causing him to roll on the ground.

You run over to him to make sure he's ok. "I am so sorry! Are you hurt? In pain?" 

You begin getting anxious when he grabs your wrists and looks you in your eyes "Don't apologize, I'm fine, that was a great hit by the way." He smiles at you so to hide your blush you instantly hug him "I don't know what I would have done if you died again." you say being overdramatic. He starts pushing you off while y'all are laughing.

Both of you get up to finish cleaning up. Daichi insists on walking you home since it was getting dark. You live right by the school so the walk was short yet still full of banter and laughter. Y'all get to your front door when Daichi says, "Thanks for practicing with me."

"No problem and sorry again for hitting you in face." He chuckles and walks away with a bye and a wave.

In that moment out of no where you got a surge of confidence "Wait, where's my hug?" ending it with a little innocent smile even though you know exactly what you're doing.

He turns on his heels giving you a smile that makes you want to melt and gives you a bear hug. You say your final goodbyes and walk inside your house. Once you fully close the door you lean against and let out a long exhale you didn't know you were holding. You begin squealing and doing a little happy dance in your living room, but little did you know Daichi was doing a little happy dance of his own too.

The next day

You wake up and get ready for school, and grab a granola bar as you walk to school. You're jamming out to music in your headphones and start dancing as you walk. You love dancing and would do it more often if you weren't playing volleyball. As your dancing into school you bump into Hinata due to you not paying attention.

"Omg, Y/n are you alright? I am so sorry." He asks as he helps you up.

"No, no cutie I'm fine.' you say laughing it off trying to comfort him, ' I should have been watching were I was going."

You get up and start talking to Hinata starting to eat your granola bar when he asks if you wanna hangout with the team after school. "I have a practice game today, but we can hang out at my house after." You're holding your granola bar when you feel someone reach over your shoulder and take a bite of it. You drop your jaw in surprise that someone had the audacity to eat your granola bar, but then your speechless to see it's Daichi. You punch him in the arm "How could you?" as your flare for the dramatics start up you put one hand over your heart and the other on your forehead acting as if you may faint.

"Oh wow quit with the acting. Anyway what were y'all talking about." 

Hinata responds, "The team is gonna hangout at Y/n's house after school. You're coming right?"

"Sure if it's cool with Y/n." This causing you to blush.

"Yeah I don't mind at all."

Y'all walk together laughing and talking until you go your separate ways to class.

After school

You're at your practice game when you notice your setter starts giving you a weird glare. You shrug it off and get ready for the game against Nekoma. You are so ready and pumped up. Nekoma has the first serve and sends it over. Your libero passes it, and your in the perfect position as you yell for the ball. The setter looks at you and sends it to the right side and the hitter wasn't even ready. Your teammate tips the ball and your team just barely got the point. You don't think mush about it until the game ends and you never got to hit the ball. Except one time when you had just dived to get the ball and were getting up when your setter decides to set you to spike. You managed to spike the ball and win the point because you're awesome like that but it definitely ticked you off.

[I play volleyball and my blood was literally boiling as I wrote this 😂]