~Ch.1~

"Yara, habibti, you're going to be late!" I hear mom calling me from the front door. I grab my suitcase and step out my room and meet her at the doorway.

"Yeah yeah, I know mama. I'm already done. Just need to put my shoes." I smile at her. She's always nervous whenever we go on trips with the class. Scared something will happen.

Spoiler alert, nothing ever happens. Except for fun.

She smiles back and grab my suitcase before heading down the stairs and going out to put it in the car. My brother is already at school, leaving me with mom this morning at 8:15 am.
_______________

I'm already excited about this trip and the fact that I'm going with the gang is even better.

I see James and Manel, always there the first. Emily just arrived at the same time as me and I think Nora and Eve are coming in a few minutes.

I wave at everyone who already arrived and I go to grab my suitcase. I look over at mom who cried silently. I sigh and give her a hug.

"Everything will be find mama. Don't worry and try not the stress yourself too much. Okay?" I tell her as I let go of her. She looks at me and nod before wiping her tears.

I grab my bag with a few stuff for along the way and my suitcase and walk over to my friends who all already arrived

"Hey there comrades! It seems we have another adventure in front of us." I look at them and like always, James respond to me.

"Hello comrade. Nice to see you too." I looked at the other girls who also said hi and hello and we all headed to the bus waiting for us.

We put our suitcases and grabbed what we would bring in the bus like our chargers and maybe some snacks since the distance would take over five hours to arrive.

We said our goodbyes to the parents and made our way inside.

Nora and Manel sat together at the far end in the right while me and Emily sat in front of them. Eve and James sat on the left far end.

We were the first inside anyway so the back was all ours until the rest of the class came in. A small yawn escaped my mouth as I covered it.

Emily looked at me and told me I could sleep a bit since the way was going to be long. I already knew that but I still wanted to stay awake a bit since I was excited about this trip.

I gave her a small nod and placed my earphones in my ears. Blasting music and reading a book that I downloaded beforehand as I knew it would be a long travel.

I felt my eyes close themselves before I fell asleep. I think I fell on Emily but I was too tired to move. Although a violent shake woke me up.

I opened my eyes quickly when I felt the bus shake and looked around. People we're screaming and the bus was not rolling anymore, it was skating.

There was a storm outside and the road was too slippery for the bus. The driver tried to stop the bus but without avail.

I grabbed the side of my seat and didn't let go as I closed my eyes until I felt the bus take a stop. I opened my eyes and almost screamed.

We had slammed into a tree by the side of the bus and two students were impaled by the tree branches. Thankfully it wasn't too severe since it didn't pierce anything important, just a little flesh. But the blood was gushing pretty fast and they were crying a lot.

One of the teachers who came with us quickly came over with the first aid kit and slowly pulled one of the students arm who was pierced and applied alcohol before wrapping it with bandages.