𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 : 𝚗𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚞𝚝

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝚂𝙻𝙴𝙴𝙿𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙰𝚃 𝙻𝙰𝚂𝚃 - 𝚃𝚆𝙾

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒄𝒐𝒂𝒕

𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔."

MERCEDES' FATHER HAD AN IRON FIST when it comes to her and her siblings, some would call it disciplining and others would call it a parent's love

MERCEDES' FATHER HAD AN IRON FIST when it comes to her and her siblings, some would call it disciplining and others would call it a parent's love. But she knew that a parent's love was not supposed to feel like that—hurt, humiliating, and traumatizing. It was abuse...it was never about discipline and love. This was the third time that Thomas Shelby put his hands over her, and she wouldn't now stand idly by about it. She wouldn't hesitate to cut off Thomas once more if this happened again, "Cigar?" Thomas asked, his hand reaching out to her but she shook her head slightly.

"I already quit," she responded, ever since Soledad came to live with her, she didn't want Sol to see her indulging in her vices. Mercy knew how much her little sister looked up to her, and the last thing she wanted was Sol imitating her bad habits.

A minute of silence cursed through Mercy's car as if an angel passed between them, Thomas cleared his throat, swallowing down the last pride he had in him, "I'm sor—"

"No. Don't," Mercy butt in, head snapping towards Thomas and her pointer finger directed at him. She raised her right brow as her jaw tighten, "You don't say sorry if you do it again, Thomas. It's not a mistake, you see? It's a bloody habit, your habit of lashing out everything on me when your hostility flares up," she pulled back her hand and pressed her pointer finger against her chest. 

"Am I your fucking punch bag? No, right? 'Cause if you lay your finger on me once more, I'll fucking leave you, Thomas, and I would never come back to you. Never," Mercy spat, inhaling violently as her words almost left her breathless. Thomas was just staring at her, listening to every word she said, remorse sweeping over him because he knew she was correct.

Thomas took a long drag of his cigar, "Do you think I'm some fucking stupid girl who'd chase your ass even if you hurt me? Do you think I'm some fucking masochist? Is that it?" she continued, nose flaring in rage and anguish.