𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

"You are a compelling man, Mister Shelby."

*•*

*•*

A few round of knocks echoed throughout the flat pulling Leticia's attention away from the book she was reading.

After dealing with and signing off on papers regarding financial income coming in and being distributed out from her business, she finally had to step away and take a break from anything relating with numbers. So, she started reading to ease her mind. Marking her spot in the book, she set it down before walking towards the door after another knock sounded. Huffing a breath at the persons impatience, she called out warily just in case, "Who is it?"

A muffled 'Thomas' was heard from behind the door. Closing her eyes, she cursed to herself not wanting to get into any confrontation with the gang leader. Instead, she opened the door with an eyebrow raised, "Polly told you."

Looking out from under his peaky cap, his steel blue eyes scanned over her face, "Aye, she did."

With a sigh, she opened her wooden door wide letting the Shelby man walk past. Closing the door after he stepped in, she turned around not expecting the Shelby man to be so close in her vicinity. Bringing his calloused hand forward, he gripped her chin with his thumb raising her head so he could get a better look at her cuts. In a state of shock at his actions, Leticia stayed unmoving for a moment.

"You alright?" Thomas whispered, no need to raise his voice in their current position.

Speaking in her own hushed voice, she nodded, "I'm alright."

"Polly said you didn't say a word to the Inspector about us Shelby's." Thomas spoke quietly, looking into her eyes to see if he could spot any malice.

Keeping her eyes on his, she spoke in the same tone, "Trust has to start somewhere."

Another silent moment passed before she turned her head to the side making thomas's hand drop. Making her way into the sitting room, she questioned, "And where were you when the coppers raided everyone's homes, hm? Were you hiding?"

Her joking tone let him know she was just trying to find some light in their current situation. Following after the woman, he replied, "My brothers and I retrieved a horse," staring at her figure, he continued, "Then went to the fair, made a whole day out of it."

Taking a seat on her sofa, Baxt came bounding down the stairs of the home and headed straight for the Morelli woman instantly curling next to her. She raised her eyebrows in question, "Another horse? What's this one's name?"