Missing You

Zi's Author Notes

{ This story takes me longer than it needed to be. I'm really proud to present this kind of horror story that I created with you guys. Been loving the experience to write stories that don't necessarily pertain to one genre. It opens up my world of writing to a new height. }

________________________________

8 Months Before the Accident,In the Apartment's Living Room

In the Apartment's Living Room

It was raining heavily that night when it happened. Unbeknownst to me, my life would forever change that night. I was reading a book while sitting on the couch; in the living room area by myself. All the curtains were closed and only a few of the lights were left turned on. While I was reading, a heavy gut feeling stopped me from continuing. I closed the book and grab my phone on the coffee table. I then began calling him. First dialled, and no answered. I called him again. And no answered for the second time.

I got off the couch and began to pace the room back and forth. To someone, it's just another feeling that'll soon pass like any other different feeling. But I knew when this feeling happened to me, bad things tend to occur.

One time while I was younger at home, I felt my gut twisting while I was playing with my dolls. At that time, I didn't think much of it. But when my father came home that night, he told the whole family that my grandfather had passed away due to heart complications at the hospital.

That wasn't the end of the bad thing happening due to the mysterious gut feeling. When I was still studying in college; around my sophomore year. I felt that feeling again when I was walking on the campus ground to one of my classes. When I finally got to my history class, the whole class was shocked to receive bittersweet news from the headmaster. He explained to us that our history professor had passed away earlier that day due to a car crash.

So yeah. Gut twisting equals death... well, most of the time. So that's the reason why I had been pacing around the living room back and forth. I just need to know that he's okay. I called him for the third time. No answered as I expected. The feeling of anxiety was now coursing through my veins. Worrying would be an understatement. I was petrified.

It's 8:30 pm. He was supposed to be back around 8:00 pm. Maybe, just maybe that was an entirely different feeling. Or something else. Maybe it's not what I think it is. Or so I thought.
So I did what anyone would do. Just wait for my fiancee to come back home. It's probably the traffic that took him long.

8:30 soon turned into 10:30. I was now asleep on the couch with the book I was reading now resting on my lap. I was too anxious to even read as I just re-read the same words over and over again until I gave up and fell to sleep.