(Un)Forgotten - 1

I was once alive.

Well, 'alive' is a vague term. I breathed, ate, slept – but I didn't really live.

I lived in a twilight zone of sorts – just aware enough of the light breaching through the surface, but still drowning, nonetheless.

Come to think of it, I always liked marine life and the oceans.

Somebody long ago said that it matched my eyes, but I can't remember who, another silhouette lost in the distance.

Memory fades when your dead, as you wander aimlessly in the invisible plateaus for eternity.

I want to write it down before I forget, and even as I write I feel it slipping through my fingers like water.

I remember wearing a necklace – was it a clam or a crab? I remember the moon shining above me. I remember the boom of the fireworks, the smell of the grass after rain.

I remember someone who would hold my hand, and who would whisper my name quietly in places only we could hear, because we were special.

I remember singing a song for him – something about love – but I forgot what love felt like.

He... he- what was his name again?

I remember his features, striking yet sublime, I just can't quite place who-

What was his name again?

I love you, Childe.

What was his name?

I

I...

I... forgot.

You are my sun.

My mind feels dizzy – a swirl of thoughts, memories, words, voices threaten to submerge me.

Why did you do this?

I hear his voice piercing through the perplexity, and I have the urge to cry.

Who is he?

I... don't know.

Would he disappointed in the fact that I can't remember? Is he even alive anymore? Where-

No, I must get back to the task at hand.

What else do I remember?

I love you.

This is how you fall in love.

But... what is love?

And... who are you?

I will always remember you, Childe.

I don't think I can say the same thing back.

_____________

*insert your name vibes here*