Chapter 15

Blore woke up to the sound of someone creeping outside of his room. Cautiously, he climbed out of bed and approached his door.

The footsteps were heard going down the stairs rapidly.

"That must be murderer!"

He ran to Vera's room, since she would have made quieter steps being lighter.

"Miss Claythorne! Open the door please!" He whispered quite loudly.

Vera unlocked her door and peeked out.

"What is it, fool?"

"It's Mr. Owen! He just fled downstairs. It is either Lombard or Armstrong!"

Vera took a pause to think.

"How can I trust you?"

Blore groaned, "There is no time for me to explain! We must hurry!"

"Wait. If you heard one of them, then the other should be in his room, correct?"

"Yes..."

"I'll knock on Phillip's room."

Sine when did she call him Phillip? Blore took a moment to think, then hurried off to Armstrong's room.

Vera pounded on Phillip's room. Soon after, he unlocked the door.

"What is the matter? Why are you at my door?" Phillip suddenly got an idea that was not, in fact, the reason she was there.

"Armstrong is Mr. Owen! He must hunt his down."

"Oh, well. Let us go then."

Blore came to the door, and surprised Phillip. Then came to a quick understanding and rushed down the stairs.

"We should split up." Phillip decided.

"I will go outside." Vera said.

"I shall go to the basement." Blore declared.

"Fine, I will check this level."

They ran off to pursue their tracks.

Lombard ckecked every cupboard and door. All lead to nothing. No secret doors, or hideouts. This Armstrong man was quite smart.
Lombard scoured the entire level, and found nothing at all.

Lombard decided that, a smart man like that would hide somewhere unexpected.

Somewhere like his own room.

Blore ran down to the basement, which was dark and eerie. He decided to rely on sound.

After exploring much of the downstairs, he was ready to come back up, when he heard someone go down the stairs.

"Lombard? Is that you?"

No one answered. The footsteps began to near him.

"This isn't funny, Lombard! It better be you!"

The footsteps were about to turnaround the corner where they would meet Blore. He decided to turn and, without hesitation from the mysterious person, was shot, right in the head.

Vera circled the entire building, then began to explore the rest of the island; the hills, the rocky cliffs, the sea.

She came down to the shore, where she saw some sort of large branch. No, that couldn't be it, there are no trees on the island.

It was a corpse, the doctor's corpse.

Vera didn't hear the footsteps until the shooter was right behind her.

She heard the gun cock.

The person shot the gun and Vera fell on the ground, just as they had rehearsed.

The person dropped the gun down next to her and fled.