Boys...Why do I even Bother? ch 8

"Ok well um, she said that uh-" Brooke stuttered.

"Just spit it out already!" I said anxious to hear what she was about to say.

Brooke took a deep breath before she spoke.

"She said that Declan pressured her to have sex with him. A lot. She said that they went out for a week before he started trying to convince her to do it with him. This went on for about a month but she kept refusing. Then they went to a party together and she got a little drunk. Declan took advantage of this and led her upstairs to an empty room. He had managed to get almost all of her clothes of and most of his before someone barged into the room looking for a different couple. By that time she had come to her senses and yelled help. The guy that barged into the room quickly ran over to them and pulled Declan off of her. He punched Declan a couple times then left him there on the floor with a bloody nose. He let the girl get dressed and then they left and he drove her home" Brooke finished her rant and stared at me for my reaction.

I was speechless. Declan didn't seem like the kinda guy that would ever do that to a girl. That kinda scared me about our date at his house. About 2 minutes passed before I spoke.

"Who was the girl?" I asked.

"Her name was Sophia Johnson," she replied.

"Who was the guy that saved her?" I asked curiously. "Oh well that was Josh," she said.

What?!? Josh was the hero? Now I know what he was talking about in Science when he said he would let Declan ruin the relationship all on his own...

"Oh and by the way I think I'm gonna break up with Josh." she said nonchalantly.

I gaped at her. Damn Josh was good. What did he do to get her to break up with him without hurting her feelings?

"Why?" I asked, still surprised.

"He told me that he didn't like my outfit one day," she replied.

Oh that boy's a smart one. I knew that if my boyfriend ever criticized me about my outfit choice, he would be a goner. But it seems like I'm gonna have bigger problems than that to worry about with my boyfriend.

"And earlier that day he told me my hair was mousy." she said wrinkling her nose. "My hair is luscious and thick! Most definitely not mousy!"

I laughed. Jeez Josh was good. He knew exactly what girls didn't want to hear. Not that that would come in handy that often.

I looked at Brooke. She seemed to be staring at me as if she was waiting for me to tell her something.

"What?" I asked looking at her oddly.

"Are you gonna break up with Declan?" she said as if that was obvious.

"No, why would I?" I asked.

"Well, Sophia wasn't the only one that Declan, well, pressured..." Brooke trailed off.

"I'm sure it's gonna be different. I think he really likes me," I said.

He really likes me right? RIGHT?! He's not going out with me just cause he wants some action...right?

No...NO! He really likes me I'm sure! And I really like him! I reassured myself that this relationship we had was different than his past ones.

"No, I'm not breaking up with him and that's final," I said.

Brooke sighs.

"Whatever, but if he tries to get into you pants, you have to promise me that you're gonna end it!" Brooke commands.