Afloid

Shindou's POV~~~

Rain.

I like it but I also hate it.

What can I do inside this mansion? I can't go out since I just got better from a cold.

"Shindou," I stayed still. I didn't know that he was here. He was so quiet it made his presence unnoticeable. "Are you okay?" the soft, mellow voice asked.

"Yep. I just don't know what to do in this weather. I can't go outside. My wife won't let me come close to our child who is still inside the womb. What a pain," I sighed heavily. It's not like I don't like his presence, but the thing is that he's more matured now. I haven't seen him act childish anymore. It makes it seem all........ indifferent.

"Well, we might as well chit-chat about our childhood."

"Maybe." I felt ackward. It tugs my chest.

"Remember that time it was raining? We were 6 years old that time."

I took a glimpse from the window's reflection. He is smiling a bit. Still looks serious and matured, but he smiled. "Yeah, we were so innocent and free." I sighed again when I saw his smile sink. His azure eyes didn't have it's same gleam. It feels utterly terrifying.

But that day.. it was a good memory.

*Flash Back*
(Sherino's POV)

It was raining. Muddy and wet. Dirty and clean.. but still wet.

"SHIN-CHAN!" Kirino screeched while running.

"Be careful please Kirino-chan! You don't want to get hurt, right?" Shindou sat on the bench right next to the school's door.

Shindou didn't like the thought of getting wet AND stuck in mud. As soon as Kirino knew about it, he dashed right outside the building and towards a grocery store.

What did he do?

He bought an umbrella.

Shindou's butler didn't pick him up today because Shindou demanded (with a "please" at the end) a playdate with his best friend. They made a meeting and decided the playdate will be held at the Kirino Residents. Kirino thought it would be fun if they walk to his house so they could get a longer time together (and excercise), but the rain suddenly poured. Leaving them no choice.

"I know!" And with that, Kirino Ranamru slipped on the mud, faceplant. Shin gasped and Kirino groaned. But that didn't stop our young defender. Without any complaint, he was back to his feet and ran (carefully) to Shindou.

"You look like a mud monster," and Shindou has a point. He stared and his best (muddy)  friend. The pinkhead's orange tee-shirt was now brown and lumpy.. so was his green shorts.

"I know! It's fun in the rain!" He smiled radiantly and as a sign, the rain poured more, washing away the mud. He handed the umbrella to Shindou, who accepted it without hesitation.

"You should've used this umbrella, idiot"

"What's the use? I ran to the store without an umbrella. So why should I go under it if I'm already soaking wet?"

Good point Kirino.

"Well... Ummm.. I actually don't know."

He just raised his eyebrow and shook his head slowly. What a pain Shindou could be.

After opening the umbrella,

They began to walk.

The rain started to pour really hard, the wind blowing along. Untill...