Chapter 2 - "It's part of my charm."

Only ten minutes later I was sitting in the backseat of Niall's car. Niall was driving with my brother in the seat beside him. They were listening to a football game on the radio, shouting already because of what happened. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window, starting to regret coming with them.

Then the car slowed down outside a house and I thought we had arrived at the party.

"I forgot to mention I was picking up a mate and his sister." Niall announced and looked back at me.

"What Niall means, is that you three need to squeeze together back there for about twenty more minutes." Franklin laughed, glancing at me. "Think you can do that, sis?"

"Dude, are you calling your sister fat?"

"I was just–"

"What's up?" A voice suddenly rang through the car as the back door opened.

The guy looked at me.

"Hey, if I knew you were bringing a girl I would have dressed up nicer." He joked and crawled in so he was sitting next to me.

"You would still be the same idiot whether you wore something nicer or not." The girl, probably his sister, said and the guys in the front laughed.

"Ignore her, that's what everyone else does. I'm Jake."

We shook hands for a second before he tugged at his seatbelt.

"You're Franklin's sister, right?" The girl said, leaning over to see me. "Thank God I'm not be the only girl anymore."

"You see, Abby here got the hots for your brother so she's actually just happy you weren't any competition for her." Jake said, causing his sister to smack him over the head.

"Hey, you know the rules." Niall said, looking through the rearview mirror. "No violence in my car."

This Jake guy mumbled something under his breath as Niall drove off again.

"Maybe you and Little Crawford should get married, and then Franklin and Abby. That way your kids would be cousins in every possible way." Niall said after a minute, looking at Jake in the rearview mirror. Then he locked eyes with me through the same mirror. "And before you defend yourself by saying you have a boyfriend, I was only joking. Not that Riley Hastings is much better than Jake anyway."

"Don't even begin to compare me to that wanker. I'm way better." Jake cut in, making Niall roll his eyes.

"Stick to your boyfriend. Believe me when I say that you don't want to get involved with my brother." The girl told me, and then looked to the front. "Or his friends."

Niall chuckled to himself.

"Oh, shut up Abby. You're just jealous of all the girls I've been with."

"What's there to be jealous about? I wouldn't be surprised if you had a STD by now."

"If you're so desperate to know, I went to get myself checked two weeks ago. Clean as a whistle."

"So now all the ladies can blow his whistle without being worried." Jake joked and gave my brother a high five.

"See, this is the kind of jokes these three pull on each other. You'll get used to it after a while." Abby said, looking at me.

"One thing I'm not used to is a girl being this quiet. You haven't said a single word since we left your house." Niall said, once again looking at me through the rearview mirror.

I blushed, immediately feeling the anxiety grow. Whenever people mention how shy I am, it gets worse. I'm already way out of my comfort zone, so please don't make it worse.