1/2 of a Heart

.
.
.
Ever since we were born.. we were never apart...I guess you could call us, inseparable?

My parents were busy overseas most of the time so I was mostly taken care of by the Yugi family.

I hung out with Tsukusa and Amane quite frequently, I even celebrated a birthday of mine with them. Amane was usually bedridden, so me and Tsukasa would put on plays for him and brought him various things from outside the house.

At least.. that's how it was until their fourth birthday...Tsukasa randomly went missing and reappeared months later, but he was different. His mom kept bringing him to the shrine, begging them to perform an exorcism on him because that thing was not her son.

They thought she lost her mind and turned her away multiple times. Years passed and every time I saw Amane, he had more injuries and bandages on him. I tried to ask him a few times but he always told me he didn't care about it. It was all three of ours last year in middle school.

I visited their house in the summer, only to see all of their dead bodies.. later it was discovered that it was a family suicide. I was never able to get over their deaths because of how dear they were to me.

One random day near the very of middle school for me, I was on the school rooftop, leaning on the railing. I was thinking about how the rest of my life would go on.

I was so lost in thought to the point where I could hear the railing breaking, until it was too late. I started to fall. I panicked until I realized, there's no way to avoid this situation. As soon as I closed my eyes, the rest of the fall was peaceful and slow.

.

.

.

And then I woke up.