06

"Prince Shouto, are you sure you wish to stay here?"

The dual haired prince nods his head. He wanted to tour your castle on his lonesome. However, his lady knight Momo Yaoyorozu wouldn't allow it even if he refused her company. It was her job nonetheless. The two journeyed through the empty halls in silence, getting a taste of what your kingdom ought to offer. Shouto found a large painting of your family in a long hall, and besides that painting, many more occupied the rest of the hallway. Momo silently complimented the artist's work and paid her respects to the late queen. Together they continued their walk, observing the numerous paintings of the past monarchs. Those past monarchs looked more like warriors; from the beginning to the end, the trend stops at your end.

The last painting is a large portrait that seemed to be done recently. It's your portrait after your eighteen birthday, standing in the royal garden. You were dressed in a beautiful dress and a golden crown sitting upon your head.

"The princess is the last of her mother's Elementalist bloodline. They're all beautiful," Momo noticed, stopping beside Shouto. The raven-haired knight saw benevolence in your pose, giving her a glimpse of the woman you've grown up to be.

"The king's wife died from a sickness while the rest of her ancestors died in battle," Shouto explained, taking his eyes off the painting. "It would be a waste of a powerful bloodline if the wedding proceeded,"

"You shouldn't say that, Prince Shouto. Your union with princess y/n will join our kingdoms together," Momo says thoughtfully. "The future is unpredictable, and marriage is a beautiful thing. You would've been happy with Princess Y/n and lived a long loving life together,"

"Under my father's eyes. I know he was only interested in me and y/n producing powerful children." Shouto whispered below his breath. His eyes lingered on his personal guard for a little longer. "I'd like it if you stayed with me as well, Yaoyorozu. I need someone I can trust by my side while I'm here,"

"Of course, my prince, but you should know that I must report to general Hawks from time to time. I can't be around that much," Momo informs him quickly, giving the prince a slight head bow.