(13) The Cube

Alex POV 

We have been on the road for an hour and a half it's been boring as hell. Ratchet isn't even putting on music not even to ease the mood it's driving me crazy. Ratchet could you put on some music? I asked. 

"Why". Ratchet said. 

The tension in here is killing me. I said. 

"What kind of tension"? Ratchet asked. 

W-well......to be honest I'm tense about what is happening  to Emma and everyone else. 

"Don't worry they will be fine". Ratchet said. 

How how do you know they will be fine? I asked. 

"Life lesson for you being in war I've grown to have faith in my teammates of what they can or can't do maybe you should do the same". Ratchet said. He wasn't wrong I just gotta have faith. 

Thanks ratchet. I said. 

"Whatever". Ratchet said. 

Um hope you don't mind me asking-. I said. 

"Which I do mind but continue". He interrupted. I rolled my eyes and began again. 

What is Optimus gonna do with this allspark or whatever? I asked. Ratchet went silent for a few minutes didn't help that I was a bit uneasy until he finally responded. 

"Optimus plans on putting the cube in his spark but it's suicide it will kill them both". Ratchet said. 

A-and he is just willing to do it? I asked, I was quite surprised a really sad that he was playing on killing himself. I only just met him and he is already planning on killing himself?!

W-we can't let him go through with this. I said. 

"We can't talk him out of it that damn Optimus thought of it the moment he had got the cube but it's only a last resort if he can't be megatron". Ratchet said. I sighed and calmed down a little hopefully it wasn't gonna happen. 

Um ratchet remember when you guys said you were fighting in a war how long has it been going on for? I asked trying to change the subject of Optimus dying. 

"It's been 8 million stellar cycles of war and nothing but war. Death, destruction and now were on this planet. We are all guilty of bringing this war to your planet". Ratchet explained. I wasn't understanding much of this but I could tell this was a very long war. I bet the autobots were ready for this is finish if not pleading. 

Ratchet.......do you think we will win? I asked.