two - morning mayhem

CHARLIE

CHARLIE

The next few days roll by as the newest family of Hawkins unpacked their lives in their new home. The one thing that surprised the young blonde was how the family manages to go those few days without being at each other's throats. Finally, October 30th came along, which could only mean one thing for the children.

"Max, Billy, Charlie! Hurry up and get dressed, you guys have school in 45 minutes," Susan shouted from the kitchen.

"Billy! Hurry up and get out of there! I have to pee!" Max shouts, banging her fist on the locked bathroom door.

"Yeah! And I gotta fix my hair," Charlie adds, leaning against the wall.

"Can you little shits wait up?" Billy called out from the other side. This right here was a typically morning for the blended family. It was a race of who could get to the bathroom first to get ready and if Billy got there before the others, you were in for a long morning.

"You kids have a great day at school, I love you," Susan bid the teens a farewell, placing a kiss of the young redhead's cheek.

"Mom," Max whined, wiping off the kiss that laid upon her cheek. Charlie shot her a teasing smile as Max climbed into the backseat of the infamous blue Camaro, the blonde sitting in the passenger seat right after.

"Billy, lookout for your sisters, especially Charlene," Neil says, causing the female Hargrove to wince. Charlie hated being called by her full name. There wasn't anything wrong with her name just, it didn't suit her. She knew that her father would never refer to her nickname, especially after her mother.

"Yeah, whatever,"

The ride to school was silent, as it's always been for the trio. Charlie watched as they passed miles and miles of the same bland houses in Hawkins. Same family, same driveway, same scenery.

Billy soon pulled into the parking lot of Hawkins Middle and High School. Parking the car, he turned towards the skateboarding red head, motioning for her to get out. Just before Charlie could follow after her, Billy grabbed her wrist, letting out a small sigh.

"Look, just let me know if anyone gives you any problem, I'll beat their ass," Billy mutters, taking a final drag of his cigarette before putting it out.

"Billy, do you actually care about me?" Charlie teased, adjusting the bag of her shoulder.

"Only I can mess with you, not these country hicks," he replies and just for a moment, she could've swore that she saw him smile but was quickly masked by his usual stone cold demeanor.

Taking in her surrounding, the school seemed fairly normal from the outside, which could mean that Charlie could have a quiet school year where she could go unnoticed. Scanning the parking lot, her eyes landed on a couple getting out of a brown BMW. Her green eyes locked with a pair of warm brown ones. He seemed to be a few inches taller than Billy, though he had a feathered mullet that suited him well. Their gaze broke when the blonde's brother called her over.

"Charlie, let's go," Billy said, motioning for her to follow him. Doing as told, Charlie walked behind her brother towards their new school. Turning back, Billy shot a look at the mullet headed boy, before following after his sister.

MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR

definitely a little shorter but now that we got introductions out the way, time for the real fun to begin! till the following chapter :)

- m ♡