Chapter 1

Darkness engulfed the town, silence travelling with the winds. Everyone was sleeping peacefully, ignorant to the faint screams from within the church.
Heavy boots made his own presence known as he walked towards the church, the source of the current troubles.

The big doors screeched open, causing whatever commotion had been happening in the building to stop and revealing a lone figure standing at the entrance, being highlighted by the moon it self.

His ears perked at the sound of scattering, a corpse of a young nun collapsing onto the floor, half her neck missing.
Examining properly around, there were a few other victims laying around, the candles  surrounding being merciful enough to point it out to the man.

"Well, well, well..." a wicked laugh echoed from within the shadows, whatever was in here was moving around in hopes not to get spotted "another meal for me?"

However, whatever was hiding in the shadows was as foolish as a rat being attracted to a trap all due to the scent of cheese.

"I am Avocato" the man decided to introduce himself as he began to step inside, closing the doors behind him "a demon hunter"

"Oh? That so?" The demon seemed to laugh at him "Sorry buddy- but I do the hunting!"

It was then the mouse jumped straight towards it's trap, unaware that the demon hunter had been able to see him in the dark since he first stepped into the place.

With ease Avocato dodged the pounce, his claws piercing through the flesh on the demon's throat.

"Hm..." the demon hunter hummed to himself as he examined the creature, it seemed to be a mix of a serepentian and a demon "it seems you haven't reached a rank yet" he pondered aloud as he kept suffocating the demon in hand.

Ranks are the type of demon one becomes. There are many types of biological demons, however if a living person's blood is mixed with that of a demon's they, themselves, will become one- thus creating demons without ranks.
A rankless demon can gain a rank by doing acts other biological demons would. For example, if they wanted to be an Alp they wpuld have to feed on fear, milk and maiden's blood to become one

"However it appears this one had just been devouring whatever they seemed fit" he said aloud as he squeezed their neck tighter until there was a crack from it, ultimately breaking it.

"It's as if this serepentian had been acting on children's books alone" he let the body drop, looking around at the innocent victims. Nuns? Just because they are in church did this serepentian assume them as enemy? How idiotic.

Avocato wasn't always a demon hunter, originally he was a doctor...however after getting a situation where he witnessed a patient, who had not been feeling well due to an open wound, become a demon right before his eyes- the ventraxian took it onto his own hands to research on this matter, studying about demons and catching them which ultimately led him to become a demon hunter.
Truthfully, Avocato didn't enjoy hurting others- he never did... But there had come a time where he had hesitated to kill a demon, wanting to save both demon and normal citizens....which had caused for most getting killed by the same demon's hands he had spared.

"Demons don't have a soul" he said so to himself ever since "they aren't people...you can't save them"

And that's how he left the scene. Leaving the corpses of both victims and demon for the town to wake up to- usually he would have set the demon in the town's square for display, showing everyone it was safe now but...these fools didn't seem to be aware a demon had been resting in their very church.

Sighing, Avocato fixed his coat and made his way out into the dark night that had yet to break into dawn, hoping he could find a cure to rankless demons and perhaps a way to end demons themselves.

"Oh my..." a voice said from within the church "that was so scary! I thought that guy was going to kill me!"

((Short chapter to start-
Sorry for starting yet another fic;;))