one : ❝ I used to hear a simple song ❞

Chapter 1 | EDITED

- ♡ -

The (H/c) haired girl stared right outside the window as she listened to the other students' chattering. She clicked her pen and tapped her foot rhythmically while waiting for class to officially start as she waited to finally get out of here and get some peace and quiet during lunch.

The girl wasn't very popular, much less known among her peers. She was a quiet girl that prefers to work on her schoolworks in peace and silent, and often sits on the back of the room beside the large classroom window. 

Because of this, not many remembers her name, heck, even probably her whole existence.

Just right then, the classroom door creaked loudly, signalling that the class' teacher has finally arrived. The rest of the room fell silent when they sensed the presence of the female adult and  the students hastily settled in their seats while the teacher prepared her things on the desk that was placed on the very from of the class.

"Good morning!" She clapped her hands happily and grabbed the plastic bowl from the table. "Today, I will be giving you a very interesting group project! This project is expected to last for atleast 2 school years."

TWO YEARS?

(Y/n) kept her usual resting face, but internally, she was tearing up. She's too shy to communicate with the other students in this room and the thought of being forced to communicate with a group of people for 2 years is enough to scare her.

And other than that, she prefers to work individually. She doesn't like it when she has to divide her work with someone else as they always end up slacking off with (Y/N) having to end up doing their work for them instead.

She then heard a groan from behind her. "A group project? Hell, I'm too tired for this shit." A deep male voice complained.

A light chuckle was then heard, " Hey c'mon, maybe we'll get a chance to be grouped with a pretty girl! Lighten up Baji."

"Don't you have enough girls chasing after you, 'fuyu?" Another voice chimed in, but this time, with an annoyed tone.

What a pain. It's so awkward to sit infront of 3 popular guys.

The three boys currently sitting behind her are part of the infamous gang called Toman. Other than being famous in the world of delinquents, they're also pretty well-known among the students in their highschool, specifically among the female students.

The teacher infront cleared her throat to get back everyone's attention, "Each of you will be given a partner to work on this project. I have placed everyone's name on each paper I rolled inside this bowl."

Everyone's eyes looked at the bowl as she shaked it lightly which made the rolled up paper inside make a faint noise, "I will call half of the class to pick one paper. The name you get will be your partner for this two year long project."

And with that, she started calling names and let each student grab a piece of rolled paper. Some students we're fine with their partner, some extremely satisfied because they manage to pick a friend's name, and some were... well, unfortunate.

(Y/n) silently hoped that she'd be paired with someone decent atleast.

"Baji Keisuke!" The teacher called for his turn.