1. My Companion is a King

Author's Note: I wanted to write an ORV AU were Kim Dokja is an outcast (canon) and Yoo Joonghyuk is king (canon). Note that it has been 6 yrs since I actually wrote a story so please do forgive me for my lack of skills and minimal vocabulary. 。:゚(;'∩';)゚:

Part 1 - My Companion is a King

"Such an eyesore! Get away from my sight!"

"Should we teach this thing a lesson?"

"Sounds good! He looks like he'll cry right away!"

"Here! Have some of your favorite tomatoes!"

Children were heard laughing from a distance. A group of small figures surrounding an even smaller figure crouching down with his eyes forming tears ready to fall at any moment. He managed to glare, but the kids surrounding him only laughed louder.

His silky, black hair was a ruffled mess. The smashed tomatoes soaking his clothes were making his nose crunch in disgust. He stood up, staggering a bit, and hugged the nearest kid in front of him, smearing the bully's clothes with tomato mess.

"Get off me you unsightly monster!"

Despite the struggling he managed to keep his hold on the bully, much bigger than him, but he was kicked by another kid and fell on the ground, scratching his pale, delicate knees and an elbow. He sniffed while trying his best not to cry from the stinging sensation.

Kim Dokja was a half-blood vampire and incubus. His mother was a succubus and his father was a vampire. He was discriminated against and harassed by the vampires around him and unfortunately, the succubus race wasn't a race that valued tribes and exclusive communities, and was scattered across the continent, the most free-spirited among the demons.

Moreover, the succubi give birth to either the father's race or the mother's race only, but not a Halfling. They can practically procreate with almost any race and can fit in any household. So Dokja's case being a half was rare, and he was considered an abnormality. He was also quite small compared to the other vampire children.

"My goodness! Dokja-ya! What on earth happened?!" His mother was astounded right after he appeared on their house's front door. The structure was average compared to the other houses in the area, not too poor and not too gaudy.

Vampires tend to live luxuriously, beings who resided at the center of the empire just neighbors with the crown. Everyone knew that the households closest to the imperial castle walls were those of the higher ranks. Vampires especially, and with nothing to entertain themselves with, chose to torment the weaker ones. Dokja being at the center of all those egoistic people was the most unfortunate. Why was he the subject of harassment to those who want to vent their stress? It was because there was nobody else. They'd rather do it inside the vampire territory than mingle with the other lowly races.

"I'm okay. I don't like tomatoes." Dokja was biting his lips and his flushed face made his mother crouch down to look at him closer. A tough kid. But still a kid. His mother's heart ached at this sight of her poor beloved child. He was asked to shop for tomatoes for dinner, with all the vigor to help his mother, but he returned home with tomato juice all over him and a few bruises. Her eyebrows furrowed with a worried expression on her face.