Euphoria

The bell rang and the teacher closed the textbook in his hand and put down the chalk he was holding, "And that's it for today's lesson. Please answer pages 189 to 191 and we'll go through the solution together on our next session, be prepared because I'd be randomly calling students next class. Dismissed."

Students groaned at the thought of having to recite but were soon droned out of the sound of students chattering and laughing. It was currently lunch and Tobio plans to buy something from the cafeteria and meet Rin and Rei later. He was just about to do just that when a group of boys and girls came over to him.

"Hello!" A girl greeted, "Kageyama-kun, right?"

Tobio stiffened slightly. He did not expect to be approached by someone immediately.

"Kageyama?" Tobio tilted his head slightly but then nodded quickly when he saw the group having a confused look on their faces, "Y-Yes! I am. I mean, I'm Kageyama."

"No need to be nervous," A guy from the group chuckled and stuck his hand out for a handshake, "I'm Arima Ryuusuke. The class representative and these are my friends.

Each person from the group enthusiastically introduced themselves to Tobio but by the fourth person, Tobio was already lost. Nonetheless, Tobio nodded slowly and said 'nice to meet yous' to be polite.

"Say, Kageyama-kun," A girl with long brown hair smiled and took one of Tobio's hands to hold while fluttering her eyelashes said, "Won't you join us for lunch?"

Tobio stood awkwardly not knowing what to do as some of the girls behind giggled while some of the boys whistled. His eyes darted everywhere, trying to look for a solution and think of what to say.

Should he accept? It was his first day and connecting with his classmates is important. He does not need a repeat of what happened in middle school where he couldn't turn to anyone. But he planned to eat lunch with Rin and Reina today, Reina promised to buy him milk-

And flinched when there was a sudden bang on the desk beside him, followed by the sound of chair scrapping. Tobio turned and saw Kunimi with a blank look on his face. Kunimi stood to his full height and walked out of the classroom. Snapping out of it, Tobio took his hand back from the girl who seemed to be disappointed now that she was not holding the blue-eyed boy's hand.

"Sorry I promised to meet some-"

"Tobi!"

Tobio and everyone else in the classroom turned their heads to the source of the voice. A handsome boy with wavy black hair and eyes called with a grin. Murmurs and whispers started going around the classroom immediately.

"Tobi? Who's that?"

"He's a third year, right?"

"What is a third year doing here?"

"Wait, isn't he Ichihara-senpai?"

"That Ichihara-senpai?"

"Someone in our class knows a popular third year?"

Tobio cleared his throat and the group he was talking to (more like talking to him) turned to him again, "Uh... sorry I'm meeting someone for lunch today. Maybe some other time?"

Tobio did not really wait for a reply and immediately walked up to the boy by the doorway.

"Tobi! I came to pick you up because you always get lost," The boy – Rin greeted as he swung an arm on Tobio's shoulder.

"That was just one time," Tobio grumbled in reply.

It seems that Rin won't let the incident involving a big crowd, a mall, a dead phone, and a missing child announcement go.