Soulmates

Your hands were shaking as well as your body. You couldn't tell if it was from the freezing weather in Derek's loft, or if it was from all your crying. You wrapped your arms around your legs, pulling yourself into a tight ball. Derek wasn't there. No one was. You heard noise from the door, someone was back. It was probably Derek.

You straightened yourself and dried your tears.

"Hey," you said when he opened the doors.

He didn't say anything. He just walked to you and wrapped his arms around you tightly. Normally you would've been shocked, but you didn't care.

"What's wrong? Why are you sad?" he asked you.

"How did you know something's wrong?" you frowned slightly.

"(Y/N), we're soulmates. I know when you're sad,"  he replied. You faced him, slightly confused.

"We're soulmates? I thought they don't exist," your voice was barely above a whisper. You knew you had feelings for Derek, but you thought they were one-sided.

"They do exist. Why else do you think we get along so well? We were made for each other," he explained.

"Well, I guess that makes sense," you said softly.

"Now, what's wrong?" he asked.

You took a deep inhale before more tears came to your eyes.

"Stiles," your voice broke.

He held you tighter as you buried your face in his chest.

"It's okay. It's gonna be okay," he said.

"No, it's not," you cried.

"Yes, it will. Look, Stiles is a strong person, (Y/N). He's smart. He'll be okay," Derek comforted.

Something about his voice. It made you believe him.

"Ugh, I can't believe I'm crying over this," you scoffed, wiping your face, and started walking away.

"Hey, he's your brother, (Y/N). It's normal. You're worried about him," he said, walking behind you. He grabbed your shoulders, and turned you around to face him.

"I know. I already lost my mom, I don't wanna lose Stiles too,"  your voice wavered as you put your head in your hands, avoiding Derek's gaze.

"You won't. I don't care what it takes. I swear to you, (Y/N), I will bring Stiles back. I swear," he put his hands on your cheeks, lifting it slightly as you looked into his eyes.

"Thank you, Derek,"  you said softly.

"Anything for my soulmate," he said, pressing his lips against yours.