Bonus chapter 22.

Her.

"Mamma!"- cried bambinos, dashing to me the second I exited the car. 

"My sweethearts."- I sobbed, hugging them tightly, my heart brimming in relief and happiness. 

Little ones hugged me tightly, blinking away tears, nuzzling into me securely, holding me so close. I kissed their foreheads, gently wiping away their tears, unable to contain mine instead. 

"We were so scared for you and papá."- whispered shakily Lucas, hugging me affectionately, and I rubbed his back, kissing his cheek tenderly. 

"We are very well, guys,"- I assured them, seeing them relax in matter of seconds. 

Leo hugged all of us, kissing my temple lovingly. We just stayed like this, savouring this crazily longed for moment. 

It's been a week since I woke up. For a whole week I had to stay in the hospital in Hamburg for observation and to go through a round of vitamins. I healed perfectly, the only traces of that horror are my pale skin and loss of 4 kilograms. No scars, no bruises, no soreness, no nightmares. No sight of our 3rd bambino for now. We are getting more worried, but nevertheless, we are not losing hope and positive outlook. 

The second I was allowed to leave the hospital, Leo signed me out and we flew back to Florence - our home. I was crying mess on the jet because of intense yearning to be home with our kids as soon as possible and Leonardo held me in his loving embrace for whole 3 hours, soothing and cooing me with so much adoration and tenderness. He is the best husband I could ever ask for. 

I sighed contentedly, holding my beloved family in my arms lovingly.

This is what I needed so badly: my little beans in my arms, safe and sound, hugging me securely. God, I missed them so much. 

All of us went inside and immediately cuddled in the living room, not needing to say anything. Leo held me in his embrace as bambinos eagerly hid in our arms, looking so happy and at peace. 

"Shh, everything is alright, piccoli."- I cooed Tini and Sofi, kissing their foreheads, as their cried quietly, hugging us tightly. 

It was hard for them, no doubt. This was the longest we've spent apart under such scary circumstances. We FaceTimed them right on the next day when I woke up, but it could never compare to real touch and face-to-face communication. 

Moments ticked by and kids calmed down, so Leo and I exchanged greeting hugs with Carmen, Fransisco and papa, who have been all along, giving us time to reunite with our little sweethearts. I've seen mi hermanos day after I woke up, so they are much calmer and collected. 

"God, you look skinny, dear."- stated Carmen in worry, hugging me tightly, and I offered her reassuring smile. 

"I will be back to my usual weight in no time. I feel very well, so don't worry."- I assured her and she nodded, wrapping me in her soothing hug again. 

All of us had dinner together and I grinned in happiness at the sight of delicious, extra cheesy lasagna with my favourite salad on the side. Oh, no words can convey how much I missed delectable Italian cuisine. Hospital food was not bad, not at all, but it is nothing in comparison to what I am used to eating.

Leo helped me in the seat, being such a sweet and dreamy gentleman as always, and kissed the top of my head, giving me butterflies at the intimate, affectionate action. Bambinos eagerly ate lasagna and salad in matter of minutes, making it clear that appetite was not in their plans for the past a few days. 

Him.

Fuck, I can watch Camila eat for hours and never get tires of it. It is the purest thing ever, not to mention how happy it makes me when she eats well.